Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many attempt on target have we had in the last 10 games

As I said, it needs fixing. That's down to the players.

The manager sets the team up and in the last few games has got it right (bar Watford).

The fact is that this side is bogged down with so many players (Ross, Barry, even Rom, Kev, Del) who just don't shoot. They get forward and then always over do it. It's dreadful.

We're 9th, not 19th, and even though it's horrid tonight's result changes little in the grand scheme of things for us.

One of the worst tactical showings I have ever seen.

The players "worked hard" (Nice of them...) but we are playing proper hoof ball and not even bothering to have a target man (or indeed any players in the opponents half to do it).

Koeman needs to up his game big time.

and he did eff all at UTD with more money, he's not a bad manager but he's best at solidifying teams in midtable. He wouldn't be able to do more than that. Will Koeman win anything? Maybe, maybe not, but Moyes had 10 years to try. Koeman should at least get the next two windows to shape the squad. Everyone on here harped on about Martinez ruining the team and club...if Martinez was that awful, it'll take Koeman more than 6 months to fix it

Why do people think this guy is a good manager! He has done nothing as a manager..now hes doing the same here. We have a good (not brilliant) squad...moyes over achieved...this guy is under achieving big time with zero potential being shown.

Problem is the long ball to a target man to hold the play/with the team pressing is how Koeman plays. Asking him to change is like expecting Guardiola to be successful playing pulis football or Pulis being a success operating tika taka.

Sadly we need at least another 2 transfer windows to sort us out. I would also say losing Lukaku wouldn't be a disaster providing we brought in a striker who can player to RK's strengths AND be somewhat prolific. Sturridge is a class finisher but he doesn't fit in Klopps system and will probably be shown the door.

We also need a new GK, CB, LB, LW and RW with a 2nd striker coming in. We ideally/realistically need 3 players coming in January with another 4-5 in the summer.

No it isn't.

The way Koeman plays is with three forwards who press and harry and work hard, but have the quality and nous to create and score.

We have one of those players, who is now injured, and isn't as consistent as you'd like with his end product.

Think we areally a tighter defensive side this season. .. we lack somebody who can link our play from back to front though. Lukaku has looked so isolated at times its unreal. Give the manager the time he needs to address this with players of his choice and then judge him.

That's my point about him though. If he doesn't have the players that he wants, to play the way he wants, just defend better! Don't go all out attack but, keep the ball on the deck and attack as a team (rather than 'Geronimo' as it was), as it suits the players he currently has?

Agree that it is down to the players, but when Barry went on we lost our shape and were all over the place, that's when Koeman needs to earn his money. Also, I love seeing the young lads coming on, but throwing Lewin on before Mirallas was a strange one.
What was strange was bringing him on and not sticking him up top with Lukaku. He's a forward after all.

One of the worst tactical showings I have ever seen.

The players "worked hard" (Nice of them...) but we are playing proper hoof ball and not even bothering to have a target man (or indeed any players in the opponents half to do it).

Koeman needs to up his game big time.

Koeman didn't tell the players to go and camp on the edge of the box for 45 minutes.

The players did it to themselves.

I love Gaz Baz, but McCarthy's injury cost us tonight, big time.

It just shows the lack of character. One thing goes against us, and we bottle it.

Plus Robles showed why Stek has rightly been our no.1

No it isn't.

The way Koeman plays is with three forwards who press and harry and work hard, but have the quality and nous to create and score.

We have one of those players, who is now injured, and isn't as consistent as you'd like with his end product.

Sorry toff that's wrong, he played long ball to Pelle, when that went tits up he put long in who chased and harassed

What was strange was bringing him on and not sticking him up top with Lukaku. He's a forward after all.

I genuinely think that was the idea - like vs Arsenal.

The issue was, last week we were getting on the front foot.

Koeman should've recognised that. It was a bad sub, as the lad had no choice but to go over and fill the void as Liverpool were pressing so much.

The manager sets the team up and in the last few games has got it right (bar Watford).

The fact is that this side is bogged down with so many players (Ross, Barry, even Rom, Kev, Del) who just don't shoot. They get forward and then always over do it. It's dreadful.

We're 9th, not 19th, and even though it's horrid tonight's result changes little in the grand scheme of things for us.

It's been the same football all season bar arsenal. Lacklustre attack and a poor turnover from front to back.

With bolasie in the team the entire game plan was to get it to him as soon as possible. Koeman needs to take some responsibility for how we are playing.

January is huge

Are you kidding, Toff?

It has set us back even further than we were before Arsenal.

The feel good factor we have wallowed in since last Tuesday had totally evaporated and the doubts are back in spades.

And Christmas is ruined in my house.....my Kopite son in law is coming for Christmas dinner.....and he was there tonight :mad:

Bah rotten humbug.

The only good thing to come out of tonight's debacle is that our old friend @davek might return and regale us with his thoughts on this fiasco tomorrow :coffee:

Sorry toff that's wrong, he played long ball to Pelle, when that went tits up he put long in who chased and harassed

You clearly watched very little of Saints then mate - not that I blame you, you're an Everton fan.

Long, Mane, Pelle, Austin, Rodriguez.

His five forwards last year. All versatile, all with different strengths. All hard workers.

His midfield followed that up by pressing as a unit - not one at a time crabbing like Barkley does.

They played some great stuff. Counter-attacking yes, but not hoofball. No where near it.

The difference is, they could mix it up when they needed to.

Koeman didn't tell the players to go and camp on the edge of the box for 45 minutes.

The players did it to themselves.

I love Gaz Baz, but McCarthy's injury cost us tonight, big time.

It just shows the lack of character. One thing goes against us, and we bottle it.

Plus Robles showed why Stek has rightly been our no.1

Didnt he?

He should hand his resignation on tomorrow then, hes the bloody manager!

I shudder to ask here but...what exactly did Robles do wrong? The goal wasnt remotely his fault.

Agreed on the other points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back