Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Koeman has got his timing with the kids spot on, Klopp forcing the issue and playing them before they're ready has cost them. Another feather in the cap.

Football is incredible at the moment, even when we're not playing it's great.

I have maintained he knows what he is doing with youth players, or wouldn't of got the job at Feyenoord or even saints who mandate players to come through their fabled academy.

I think the myth he doesn't like young players come from blinkered southampton fans who wanted a stick to beat him with.
Reality is southampon's academy probably aren't producing good enough players for a psychical league.

Notes have been made by pundits of Tom Davies man like structure for such a young age, this probably comes into it more than looking good in a few u23 games.

Bottom line is i'd rather trust our manager's judgement of player. If they are ready they are ready doesn't matter what age.

I have maintained he knows what he is doing with youth players, or wouldn't of got the job at Feyenoord or even saints who mandate players to come through their fabled academy.

I think the myth he doesn't like young players come from blinkered southampton fans who wanted a stick to beat him with.
Reality is southampon's academy probably aren't producing good enough players for a psychical league.

Notes have been made by pundits of Tom Davies man like structure for such a young age, this probably comes into it more than looking good in a few u23 games.

Bottom line is i'd rather trust our manager's judgement of player. If they are ready they are ready doesn't matter what age.
Great post.

Seems Koeman has got his timing with the kids spot on, Klopp forcing the issue and playing them before they're ready has cost them. Another feather in the cap.

Football is incredible at the moment, even when we're not playing it's great.

I was going to say January 2017 has been the best month for Evertonians since the Pope wax an altar boy.

Then I remembered Leicester in t'Cup :(

But what the heck.....everything that has happened since that day has been the stuff of dreams....:dance:

Oh, I never felt more like singing the Blues, when......:pint2::pint2:

I was going to say January 2017 has been the best month for Evertonians since the Pope wax an altar boy.

But what the heck.....everything that has happened since that day has been the stuff of dreams....:dance:

I agree it's grea this month but the stuff of dreams ... really ?

Cup games like what happened to us happen. We were the better team and controlled it against the champions of England but got hit in the counter twice. Koeman was livid in his post match interview, since the 2 games 2 wins 5 goals 0 conceded.

Great post.

I like Harry Charsley at youth level, the is an argument he has more talent than Tom. But I think Tom has a football brain and more intelligence on and off pitch than Harry. Read recently that Tom would of studied for Science Degree if didn't make it in football and is proud of expressing himself in his hairstyle as that's him.

Tom looks like a good young lad to have around the club, that could be factor's for them making it. Hard work and drive will always beat natural talent.

Lookman is another example he looks like a great young man who is smart, well spoken but shy. Senior players noticed he's shy and Lukaku and Bolasie and i guess others look like they've took a shine to him to help him set in.

These are the people we want at our club and Ronald will give them a chance I feel if they have good attitude.

He alluded to 'Will stop them thinking they are the big man in everton' to keep them grounded. I think this is spot on for me.

Compare to Leadson who was a trouble maker apparently, didn't he break some lads leg in a u18 derby also?

And Del boy Geri who has been bombed out the team for lack of effort despite his talent.

These are all positive signs in my eyes and we can see living proof in way ross has got his head screwed on recently and nailed down, where as geri has gone the other way.

Time will tell if Ronald will be a good manager for us, but I think he's installing a better mentality than our last 2 managers.

Excuse me are you suggesting the Pope waxes altar boys? Wow!

I like Harry Charsley at youth level, the is an argument he has more talent than Tom. But I think Tom has a football brain and more intelligence on and off pitch than Harry. Read recently that Tom would of studied for Science Degree if didn't make it in football and is proud of expressing himself in his hairstyle as that's him.

Tom looks like a good young lad to have around the club, that could be factor's for them making it. Hard work and drive will always beat natural talent.

Lookman is another example he looks like a great young man who is smart, well spoken but shy. Senior players noticed he's shy and Lukaku and Bolasie and i guess others look like they've took a shine to him to help him set in.

These are the people we want at our club and Ronald will give them a chance I feel if they have good attitude.

He alluded to 'Will stop them thinking they are the big man in everton' to keep them grounded. I think this is spot on for me.

Compare to Leadson who was a trouble maker apparently, didn't he break some lads leg in a u18 derby also?

And Del boy Geri who has been bombed out the team for lack of effort despite his talent.

These are all positive signs in my eyes and we can see living proof in way ross has got his head screwed on recently and nailed down, where as geri has gone the other way.

Time will tell if Ronald will be a good manager for us, but I think he's installing a better mentality than our last 2 managers.
Agree with last paragraph, although Moyes was vastly superior to Martinez so don't think they should be grouped together.

The rest is more excellent information. Cheers mate. Great post and if we do have more exciting prospects coming through I'm certain Koeman will handle it perfectly.

Maybe a tad extreme, but compared to 14/15 and 15/16 he's not that far wrong. Incredible progress.
Yes, you have to look at the starting point for reference. We went 5th - 11th (with European football) - 11th (without it). So we were not only in a bad place but also clearly on a downward trajectory. T%he fact that he's managed to overhaul the squad so much and get the team playing together well in such a short time, arresting and even reversing that trajectory, speaks volumes. I'm rather excited to see where we will finish at the end of the year although I imagine the variance may comes from points total and not league placing.

Yes, you have to look at the starting point for reference. We went 5th - 11th (with European football) - 11th (without it). So we were not only in a bad place but also clearly on a downward trajectory. T%he fact that he's managed to overhaul the squad so much and get the team playing together well in such a short time, arresting and even reversing that trajectory, speaks volumes. I'm rather excited to see where we will finish at the end of the year although I imagine the variance may comes from points total and not league placing.
We were 13th when Martinez was sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back