Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essien, Hart, Kuyt are three off the top of my head that he wouldn't meet the valuation of. Money was there to get them.
this is completely untrue. He wanted all of these players but the money was NOT there to get them. Same goes with cech and others.

The only time he ever refused to make a signing but had the money was with fer, and also bony.

this is completely untrue. He wanted all of these players but the money was NOT there to get them. Same goes with cech and others.

The only time he ever refused to make a signing but had the money was with fer, and also bony.
How much were we looking at for Hart?? Have a look at who we bought at that time. Moyes even came out and said he didn't think prices quoted were worth it.

How much were we looking at for Hart?? Have a look at who we bought at that time. Moyes even came out and said he didn't think prices quoted were worth it.
we had a very limited budget at the time. So we couldn't just throw money at players, especially unproven ones. If he had been given more money the players would be here.

we had a very limited budget at the time. So we couldn't just throw money at players, especially unproven ones. If he had been given more money the players would be here.
A limited budget means you need to spend it well. That's why DM dithered over spending the extra million ( literally) on Essien and Kuyt and looked elsewhere for a keeper. That then meant we lost out on top talent. He had the money, he didn't spend it. Fact.

A limited budget means you need to spend it well. That's why DM dithered over spending the extra million ( literally) on Essien and Kuyt and looked elsewhere for a keeper. That then meant we lost out on top talent. He had the money, he didn't spend it. Fact.

I think the fact that Moyes probably made more on signings than any other manager in our history means he wont lose sleep over a essien.

I think the fact that Moyes probably made more on signings than any other manager in our history means he wont lose sleep over a essien.
Maybe not but it does beg the question of what might have been, if he had the courage of his convictions. I'd much rather the £3 million spent on Essien than...I can't quite remember who it was spent on...and that says it all.

Ok, I wont ask for you to back up your claims, but I will ask for some information :

You claim Moyes wouldnt pay an extra million for Essien, a player that Chelsea bought for 24m in 2005, so when was Moyes dithering?
Same question for Kuyt and Hart, from memory it was Chris Woods who turned down Hart, but if you could tell me when we deemed Hart not worth 100k that would be great.

Ok, I wont ask for you to back up your claims, but I will ask for some information :

You claim Moyes wouldnt pay an extra million for Essien, a player that Chelsea bought for 24m in 2005, so when was Moyes dithering?
Same question for Kuyt and Hart, from memory it was Chris Woods who turned down Hart, but if you could tell me when we deemed Hart not worth 100k that would be great.
I'm not sure on actual dates but for Essien it was a full season before he was sold and the other two it was around the time they were sold.

£3 million is what we were quoted. If that's what you meant?

So 12months before Lyon turned down 4 bids from Chelsea until accepting 24m, they offered him to us for 3m??

I mean Dirk Kuyt im glad we didnt sign, but even that doesnt make sense, he moved to the vermin for 9m in 2006, we signed 2 players in that window for 7m Jags and Howard, are you suggesting Moyes had 9m that he just didnt bother spending?

Hart is unforgivable, considering the fee he was sold for, thats certainly a shame, but you cant win em all.

So 12months before Lyon turned down 4 bids from Chelsea until accepting 24m, they offered him to us for 3m??

I mean Dirk Kuyt im glad we didnt sign, but even that doesnt make sense, he moved to the vermin for 9m in 2006, we signed 2 players in that window for 7m Jags and Howard, are you suggesting Moyes had 9m that he just didnt bother spending?

Hart is unforgivable, considering the fee he was sold for, thats certainly a shame, but you cant win em all.
Yes

Thank you Ronald for making me feel excited about Everton again!!

You've showed that fraud that we can defend and play exciting Football at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back