Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see I dont think it was even a mistake, he had a game plan and their goal threw it out the window, he realised his game plan wasnt going to work so changed it, harsh to call it a mistake IMHO.
To be honest, it doesn't really matter whether he misjudged things or not. He realised what was happening, and did the right thing at the right time.

To have made that call before half time was particularly ballsy, I thought. Most managers would've waited til the break.

I admired his willingness to adapt at Southampton, and he's carrying that on. I got so tired of stubborn dogma these past couple of seasons.

Think the usage of Geri up top is a massive mistake personally tho, but im sure it wont be used again.

Not really mate, the team as a whole lacks tenacity and momentum. Passing were sloppy and lack of a vision led to geri chasing Long balls most of the time

Not really mate, the team as a whole lacks tenacity and momentum. Passing were sloppy and lack of a vision led to geri chasing Long balls most of the time

Hes just not a premier league striker for me, as a wing hugging winger, yes, all day, meh, maybe he will grow into the role, but I have major doubts currently.

Hes just not a premier league striker for me, as a wing hugging winger, yes, all day, meh, maybe he will grow into the role, but I have major doubts currently.

Don't think Koeman is one to stick to something he sees isn't working myself mate, so yeah he may try it a few times (probably in the cup again tbh) but think we will see him go out and getb a second striker before the window slowly and gently shuts

You see I dont think it was even a mistake, he had a game plan and their goal threw it out the window, he realised his game plan wasnt going to work so changed it, harsh to call it a mistake IMHO.
It was a mistake. Too negative lining up without a striker and too narrow width wise.

Koeman acted boldy to put the initial mistake aside and we saw the difference especially second half. That doesn't make the initial set up right though.

Under Moyes, things felt safe, but incredibly boring.
Under Martinez, things were never boring, but incredibly un-safe.
Under Koeman so far, things feel safe, and so exciting.

4 points from two games where we haven't been at our best. We're still to sign more talent (so far new signings have looked great) and the manager has the balls to change things up, no matter how early. Bring it on.

It was a mistake. Too negative lining up without a striker and too narrow width wise.

Koeman acted boldy to put the initial mistake aside and we saw the difference especially second half. That doesn't make the initial set up right though.

No David, no.

Rom wasnt fit enough to start and we dont have any other strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back