Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sensing your mask is slipping.

I find it hard to believe you would find any negative after a Martonez inspired Everton win, you already have done.

You also very very very rarely post during the match, you did today and again it was a negative stance and it was when we were a goal down.

But keep going mate, I genuinely like you a lot as a poster and we need ying and yang.
Mate, honestly, stop fcussuing on me. Support your team and stop trying to score petty points with your mate.

When does his photo go up on the Main Stand?

Part of the new cladding going on

image.webp

It's also a refreshing change to see you get behind a manager when he arrives here. Hopefully it's lesson learned for you.

A tad unfair that if you don't mind me saying so.
Most Blues fans were behind Martinez throughout his first season and a little way into his second before the harsh and stark reality of his limitations became all too painfully apparent.
You were loyal, many thought overly and far too loyal to him.
He was wrong for Everton.
Koeman has had a decent start and hopefully will be the manager to guide us back to glories.

A tad unfair that if you don't mind me saying so.
Most Blues fans were behind Martinez throughout his first season and a little way into his second before the harsh and stark reality of his limitations became all too painfully apparent.
You were loyal, many thought overly and far too loyal to him.
He was wrong for Everton.
Koeman has had a decent start and hopefully will be the manager to guide us back to glories.
I dont think loyalty can ever be a poor quality, tbh.

Anyway, we won 2-1. Rejoice.

Don't think Koeman is one to stick to something he sees isn't working myself mate, so yeah he may try it a few times (probably in the cup again tbh) but think we will see him go out and getb a second striker before the window slowly and gently shuts

maybe it'll change now he's 100% lukaku will stay. Makes sense i suppose, he's always gone on about bringing in a second striker. I'd happily see us get a second and a third tbh, we have the money. But yeah, it's not far-fetched to believe he had two or three massive fee strikers if rom was to go and then cheaper alternative(s) for if he stayed, let's hope that apsect can move on now. Because we looked crap before he came on. Deulofeu isn't a good enough finisher to play there, he's a brilliant winger.

Pleased with the way he's handled things so far, good reading of the game, quick decisions, not worried about up setting players, refreshingly honest with the media and has a plan. Won't come together over night, but this fella knows what he's doing and it's a good feeling.

So 12months before Lyon turned down 4 bids from Chelsea until accepting 24m, they offered him to us for 3m??

I mean Dirk Kuyt im glad we didnt sign, but even that doesnt make sense, he moved to the vermin for 9m in 2006, we signed 2 players in that window for 7m Jags and Howard, are you suggesting Moyes had 9m that he just didnt bother spending?

Hart is unforgivable, considering the fee he was sold for, thats certainly a shame, but you cant win em all.

@bluesb1970 @AaronTheBlue

You're all forgetting that we had a bid (off memory £3.8mil) accepted by Essiens former club Bastia

However he elected to join Lyon due to the manager who i think was Le Guen.

Brilliant that he saw something was not working,and had the guts to make the change so early,instead of leaving it late hoping for the best,we have heard things like he changes the formation etc going by how the game is going etc,we seen it 1st hand today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back