Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

First big test of Koeman today and he passed with flying colours. It made sense to start with the same line-up after a decent performance in the opener but it soon became apparent that it was not working. I was pleased to see that his pride was swallowed and he made the change quickly. He also made the right change in removing McCarthy and leaving Del and Kev on. Credit to the team that we did not panic after a difficult start and took control after Rom came on. One slight concern is that we have failed to kill teams off when we have had the chance. This cost us against Spurs and will cost us a number of times this season unless we get more goal scorers into the team.

First big test of Koeman today and he passed with flying colours. It made sense to start with the same line-up after a decent performance in the opener but it soon became apparent that it was not working. I was pleased to see that his pride was swallowed and he made the change quickly. He also made the right change in removing McCarthy and leaving Del and Kev on. Credit to the team that we did not panic after a difficult start and took control after Rom came on. One slight concern is that we have failed to kill teams off when we have had the chance. This cost us against Spurs and will cost us a number of times this season unless we get more goal scorers into the team.
That's because we are pretty much dependent on one man to score. We need to get more creativity and goals into the starting 11.

It's early days but so far he needs to do better. The Stek is costing us points, Gana doesn't try, Bolasie is never going to create anything and he even insists on playing Holgate. He can't sign a decent player and he can't influence a game. Boo, I say.

It's early days but so far he needs to do better. The Stek is costing us points, Gana doesn't try, Bolasie is never going to create anything and he even insists on playing Holgate. He can't sign a decent player and he can't influence a game. Boo, I say.
Has until the end of August to get it right or sack him I say.

Totally agree with this. .. last season we would not have made subs until 70 mins at least... really happy we have a manager who can make tactical changes as needed!

That is more than a "slight" concern, Johnny......it will cripple us in the end if we don't kill teams off when we are on top, as we saw versus Spurs last week, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back