Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was about racism mate, I'm convinced it was.

dangerously wrong or intentionally shutting down debate?

on-topic: Ron showing signs of being able to get the results, especially against the smaller stock. Realistic to think we'll be top 4 when October starts considering the level of opposition coming up, and considering Koeman's record vs Big Clubs there's reason to be optimistic right now.

We deffo need 2 new players still, and to somehow get rid of one or two if possible.

Signs are good so far. Happy to make changes in the game when things aren't working, capable of setting us up to grind out wins and we've got a good balance of looking solid at the back and dangerous going forward.

7/9 points is realistically what we should have been aiming for from our first 3 games but we've achieved it. Still things to improve on but we're getting there

Koeman really has made us tough resilient and hard to beat.Remember the circus we had the last time Stoke were at Goodison under Martinez.lol It's disappointing we didn't win by more than 1-0 which we should have but we were never in danger of conceding to Stoke.The difference Koeman is making to this team is already clearly noticeable.

I agree and I really like his comment that we need to be more aggressive in front of goal. When an Everton player is bearing down on goal the oppo. should fear for their lives. If they think there is a fair chance that they are going to end up in the back of the net with the ball and a few other players then it can only be a good thing! You may save it pal but you'll know about it..........

On the EFC commentary Darren Griffiths quoted Koeman as saying that Barry is the best player he has ever worked with.........

He is a fantastic player. I only remembered him getting skinned by Ozil playing for England prior to coming to Everton.

However, pace isn't his game. Controlling the game is his game.

I'd literally walk over hot coals to get him a coaching position at the club.

He's one of my favourite players and I want him at Everton for the future.

I really feel safe in the hands of a man with such footballing pedigree really and the people he employs too. If I was an Everton player and he was giving me advice, I'd listen. Don't think I could say the same of Martinez, Jones and Lawrence etc.

I really feel safe in the hands of a man with such footballing pedigree really and the people he employs too. If I was an Everton player and he was giving me advice, I'd listen. Don't think I could say the same of Martinez, Jones and Lawrence etc.

Ajax
PSV
Barcelona
Netherlands
Manager[edit]
Ajax
Benfica
PSV
Valencia
AZ

I honestly believe that if he had been here longer and been able to work with the players etc that we'd have 9 out of 9. We really fell off the pace in the spurs game and it cost us a goal.

I agree with comments how he can change is through a game. Would we have last year thrown on another CB to sure us up with 10 minutes to go?

I'm happy at 3 games in, to eat some humble pie as I was telling my mates I was underwhelmed by his appointment. In fact I probably under estimated him and his Southampton team last year. I'm growing in confidence, and I'm happy to accept we will have bumps along the way, but I have seen progress which is a positive start.

What are my expectations this year? I'd say if he could get us in the top 7 it would be a great start to life at goodison.

On course to beat the magnificent 72

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back