Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've problems at centre back, no creativity in midfield, no wide men and no proper striker.

Apart from that, everything's going swimmingly.

The fact that Iheanacho, Paredes and B. Traore were available for a combined £50m this summer to solve all of those problems is depressing

Edit: apart from CB. I don't know nuffing about CBs.

Edit2: actually I STILL think binning off Del after Bolasie got injured is bordering on negligence

Last edited:
The fact that Iheanacho, Paredes and B. Traore were available for a combined £50m this summer to solve all of those problems is depressing

Edit: apart from CB. I don't know nuffing about CBs.
In relation to Iheanacho, I thought we wanted a target man?
Or are you suggesting that someone who can score goals can be versatile to all systems?
Or,
Are you suggesting that Koeman knew of his availability but chose to not sign him and 'enjoy' our barren scoring form.
Or,
Are you suggesting you know more than professional, elite club manager Ronald Koeman about our squad's needs?

Looking forward to the reply.

In relation to Iheanacho, I thought we wanted a target man?
Or are you suggesting that someone who can score goals can be versatile to all systems?
Or,
Are you suggesting that Koeman knew of his availability but chose to not sign him and 'enjoy' our barren scoring form.
Or,
Are you suggesting you know more than professional, elite club manager Ronald Koeman about our squad's needs?

Looking forward to the reply.

Iheanacho can hold a ball up perfectly well and his passing is great too. Plus he's a bloody beanpole so fine as a target.

Re: not getting him and knowing better than Koeman - some source at the time said it was about avoiding a buyback clause because it looks small-time. Presumably they felt they could get other targets in. They must have felt a bit daft in hindsight.

Edit: re: Koemans knowledge of what the squad needs - I'm actually not sure I've ever seen such a well-funded spending spree, at a club with such obvious squad holes, that didn't actually address those holes. Have you?

Iheanacho can hold a ball up perfectly well and his passing is great too. Plus he's a bloody beanpole so fine as a target.

Re: not getting him and knowing better than Koeman - some source at the time said it was about avoiding a buyback clause because it looks small-time. Presumably they felt they could get other targets in. They must have felt a bit daft in hindsight.

So either,

You think you know better

Or,

You believe a theory Everton wouldn't buy a player they want because of a buy back clause despite doing that two years earlier with Deulofeu because it would make them look "small time".

I don't mean to come at you in this vein as plenty, the usual suspects, have said far worse.

But this as a view of yours is all a bit odd.

I think it was very clear from moshiri's diabolical interview on deadline day that he was setting koeman up for a fall.

It won't be at least until end of December but I can definitely see him gone this season. To be honest that would please me. I've hated his style of football from minute one. His horrendous tactical awareness. The fact we extremely rarely combine two halves of decent football. His continued public criticising of players. His inexplicable blindness to the noose around the team's neck that is Williams. The fact that in the 8 competitive games we have played thus far we have looked utterly abysmal, devoid of a system, shape, pace and power.

In short I'd rather someone else was in charge but it's far too early to bin him off. He has to be given the chance to rectify the failings in our recruitment. How much time? I don't see moshiri as a patient man and as I said, he definitely was placing it all at koeman's door in that interview.

That's how I read that interview also.
The saving grace for RK, is that we will play 'lesser' sides and pick up points, still be in Europa and it would be difficult for Moshiri to bin him.

So either,

You think you know better

Or,

You believe a theory Everton wouldn't buy a player they want because of a buy back clause despite doing that two years earlier with Deulofeu because it would make them look "small time".

I don't mean to come at you in this vein as plenty, the usual suspects, have said far worse.

But this as a view of yours is all a bit odd.

I hate to say it but I honestly think that the transfers this summer were done dreadfully (apart from Pickford and Keane). I don't dislike the others as individual players but as a cohesive plan I think it's turd. So, stupid and arrogant as it sounds, but definition I think that in this case I do 'know better' (though in basically no other football situation, obv).

Re: the del thing, I remember reading that that was what put them off it, and the new regime didn't want to have that as part of their 'brand'. Can't find it now tho so may have been making it up. Reckon it makes sense tho.

I hate to say it but I honestly think that the transfers this summer were done dreadfully (apart from Pickford and Keane). I don't dislike the others as individual players but as a cohesive plan I think it's turd. So, stupid and arrogant as it sounds, but definition I think that in this case I do 'know better' (though in basically no other football situation, obv).

Re: the del thing, I remember reading that that was what put them off it, and the new regime didn't want to have that as part of their 'brand'. Can't find it now tho so may have been making it up. Reckon it makes sense tho.
I admire you sticking to your guns mate.
Good lad / lady.

I wanted Giroud but, would've taken Costa until Jan.
Don't know whether that fits the brand but, imo would've made sense?

The signings of Pickford and Keane were astute signings, however as another poster said with the exception of Rooney the others have pretty poor. I just feel that when every single Everton fan and everyone in the media has commented on Everton's need for a striker we failed to bring at least one in. Whose fault it is, I don't know but somebody should be having a look at why we've ended up with 8 central midfielders and no striker, plus only 1 left back.

Lukaku aside, the squad that Koeman inherited was probably the worst Everton squad of the 21st century.

You obviously don't remember, the 2000-2004 then? Religion battles every season. I used to look at the fixtures at the start of every season and worry where the wins would be.

Yes under Roberto, things were going backwards but his team was far superior to anything, we had back then and you could argue some of Moyes sides.

Last edited:
I think it was very clear from moshiri's diabolical interview on deadline day that he was setting koeman up for a fall.

It won't be at least until end of December but I can definitely see him gone this season. To be honest that would please me. I've hated his style of football from minute one. His horrendous tactical awareness. The fact we extremely rarely combine two halves of decent football. His continued public criticising of players. His inexplicable blindness to the noose around the team's neck that is Williams. The fact that in the 8 competitive games we have played thus far we have looked utterly abysmal, devoid of a system, shape, pace and power.

In short I'd rather someone else was in charge but it's far too early to bin him off. He has to be given the chance to rectify the failings in our recruitment. How much time? I don't see moshiri as a patient man and as I said, he definitely was placing it all at koeman's door in that interview.

Always seemed to me like a care taker manager, do not know why but seems that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back