Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't happen of course,but if RK left this season there is only one man who doesn't have a job who would be absolutely clear favourite to take over....riding to the rescue,not, in a brand new cardigan with a list of potential signings from Sunderland...you know who I mean....be careful what you wish for........

I think Ronko should at least take tactical advice from Rhino as it seems only one of them can;
create a winning mentality
integrate lots of new players whilst losing key players
see goals coming from Niasse
Plays DCL as a striker
knows there is a right sided midfield position
Starts jonjoe Kenny

It shouldn't happen of course,but if RK left this season there is only one man who doesn't have a job who would be absolutely clear favourite to take over....riding to the rescue,not, in a brand new cardigan with a list of potential signings from Sunderland...you know who I mean....be careful what you wish for........
Noooooooooooooooooooooo.........

Q. Should we sack RK?
A. No, we shouldn't. God forbid we become a club that has a new manager every season.

I don't particularly like some of the stuff he does/says, or the way he goes about things in general (I've even resorted to posting silly pics about him golfing after xmas etc, to highlight his perceived lack of interest in all things EFC). He seems a bit aloof, which can irritate some people/players/staff/everyone (I've never met him so he might be a really nice guy and people/players/staff/everyone might all really like him!).

However, he does need to make a few changes (admit mistakes/amend plans) to make it work again.

He didn't get the forward he wanted, so play DCL at least until Jan, Sandro is best cutting in from the left (as others have said)?
He also didn't get the LCB/LB player he wanted, forget 3 at the back and play a flat 4 (either Kenny or Holgate at RB, Lennon would've been a shout at RWB if we had a LCB)?
Klassen should be integrated from the bench, give him time to get up to speed?
He should fondle Ross' bits tirelessly, to make him stay!

So, in essence, we're not Crystal Palace and we don't have the money to be Chelsea.

My worry (as much as you can worry for someone on £6m p.a.) is that the Mosh might not be so patient.

Q. Should we sack RK?
A. No, we shouldn't. God forbid we become a club that has a new manager every season.

I don't particularly like some of the stuff he does/says, or the way he goes about things in general (I've even resorted to posting silly pics about him golfing after xmas etc, to highlight his perceived lack of interest in all things EFC). He seems a bit aloof, which can irritate some people/players/staff/everyone (I've never met him so he might be a really nice guy and people/players/staff/everyone might all really like him!).

However, he does need to make a few changes (admit mistakes/amend plans) to make it work again.

He didn't get the forward he wanted, so play DCL at least until Jan, Sandro is best cutting in from the left (as others have said)?
He also didn't get the LCB/LB player he wanted, forget 3 at the back and play a flat 4 (either Kenny or Holgate at RB, Lennon would've been a shout at RWB if we had a LCB)?
Klassen should be integrated from the bench, give him time to get up to speed?
He should fondle Ross' bits tirelessly, to make him stay!

So, in essence, we're not Crystal Palace and we don't have the money to be Chelsea.

My worry (as much as you can worry for someone on £6m p.a.) is that the Mosh might not be so patient.

I think it was very clear from moshiri's diabolical interview on deadline day that he was setting koeman up for a fall.

It won't be at least until end of December but I can definitely see him gone this season. To be honest that would please me. I've hated his style of football from minute one. His horrendous tactical awareness. The fact we extremely rarely combine two halves of decent football. His continued public criticising of players. His inexplicable blindness to the noose around the team's neck that is Williams. The fact that in the 8 competitive games we have played thus far we have looked utterly abysmal, devoid of a system, shape, pace and power.

In short I'd rather someone else was in charge but it's far too early to bin him off. He has to be given the chance to rectify the failings in our recruitment. How much time? I don't see moshiri as a patient man and as I said, he definitely was placing it all at koeman's door in that interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back