Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to be a bit more patient. One thing that doesnt get mentioned too often is how the players themselves are not firing on all cylinders and in some cases one or two need to be sent to the scrap yard. We are in a results based gold fish bowl and if hasn't got it by chrimbo..but ok fire him into the channel

I think we need to be a bit more patient. One thing that doesnt get mentioned too often is how the players themselves are not firing on all cylinders and in some cases one or two need to be sent to the scrap yard. We are in a results based gold fish bowl and if hasn't got it by chrimbo..but ok fire him into the channel

Internet Everton fans and patience don’t go together mate.

What surprised me was how soon some seasoned campaigners turned on him and not just on here. Lads who have seen it all sticking the boot in so soon was what i found more depressing than the bad start .

What surprised me was how soon some seasoned campaigners turned on him and not just on here. Lads who have seen it all sticking the boot in so soon was what i found more depressing than the bad start .

I don't want him to go at all. There are factors to explain the bad start - the awful run of fixtures, the need for new players to settle in, the failure to find those last two players. But he has to be angrier and more demanding of himself. What's got me is his attitude. He needs to have made very clear that a lot is expected of him and to say same as last season simply isn't good enough.

The thing is Don - we have a squad of players today if RK just picked a balanced side we would win comfortably and with a bit of style - if he reverts to no width defensive midfielders TWO of them at home - it's going to be the same struggle - three centre backs etc - lets see what RK does team selection and bench wise!

I'm not up for sacking managers after a bad 3 weeks. I'm yet to hear even the most slightly persuasive argument to the contrary. He has the next month to turn it round. As should any manager. Come November we then should reconsider if necessary. But I don't expect that to be the case.

well said Tim

Nobody's denying Koeman messed up the last few games prior to Sunderland, but as you say, he rightly gets the time to turn it around.

I don't want him to go at all. There are factors to explain the bad start - the awful run of fixtures, the need for new players to settle in, the failure to find those last two
I don't want him to go at all. There are factors to explain the bad start - the awful run of fixtures, the need for new players to settle in, the failure to find those last two players. But he has to be angrier and more demanding of himself. What's got me is his attitude. He needs to have made very clear that a lot is expected of him and to say same as last season simply isn't good enough.
Agree and I have concerns myself about his management, my point was how quickly it went nuclear from old hands as well as the younger fans , quite shocking tbh.

The thing is Don - we have a squad of players today if RK just picked a balanced side we would win comfortably and with a bit of style - if he reverts to no width defensive midfielders TWO of them at home - it's going to be the same struggle - three centre backs etc - lets see what RK does team selection and bench wise!

We'll probably play 4-3-3 with Davies, Gana and Schneiderlin.

Of those three the only sole DM will be Schneiderlin. Gueye and Davies will be tasked with bombing forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back