Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is Don - we have a squad of players today if RK just picked a balanced side we would win comfortably and with a bit of style - if he reverts to no width defensive midfielders TWO of them at home - it's going to be the same struggle - three centre backs etc - lets see what RK does team selection and bench wise!
I'm not gunner see you booking aeroplanes later am I Joey though?

I'm not up for sacking managers after a bad 3 weeks. I'm yet to hear even the most slightly persuasive argument to the contrary. He has the next month to turn it round. As should any manager. Come November we then should reconsider if necessary. But I don't expect that to be the case.

That is pretty much my position as well, Tim.

I have yet to call for his sacking nor will I unless the position becomes so dire round about November, as you say.

What I think is that Koeman is being given too much of an easy ride by too many of our friends on here.....the dismissal by some of McNulty's pretty spot on, IMO, article as being of no account being an example.

He needs more scrutiny.....not just by us, the fans but by the powers that be within EFC.

My own view is that he is not a particularly good football manage, he has not much in the way of man management skills and I see little prospect of him taking us where we want to go, irrespective of the fiasco that is the striker situation.

I think we will plod along for the rest of this season, possibly even finishing seventh once again but I have stated before, it is not the finishing seventh that concerns me, it is the manner of finishing seventh.

In other words if we were in contention with the clubs in 4th/6th for most the season and narrowly missed out on top six then that would be an admirable attempt.

However, if we finish a remote 7th, prevailing in a blanket photo finish with, say, Baggies and Stoke and the Barcodes then that would feel like a step backwards.

But.....as I say I am not calling for the sack nor do I expect to be.

I think the matter will resolve itself at season's end.

I cannot see the club letting him go into the last year of his contract with no new deal in place and I think it significant there has been no hint, in public at any rate, of a renewal.

Ergo it is my belief that no matter what we do this season Moshiri and Koeman will arrive at a "mutual consent" deal next summer.

:)

That is pretty much my position as well, Tim.

I have yet to call for his sacking nor will I unless the position becomes so dire round about November, as you say.

What I think is that Koeman is being given too much of an easy ride by too many of our friends on here.....the dismissal by some of McNulty's pretty spot on, IMO, article as being of no account being an example.

He needs more scrutiny.....not just by us, the fans but by the powers that be within EFC.

My own view is that he is not a particularly good football manage, he has not much in the way of man management skills and I see little prospect of him taking us where we want to go, irrespective of the fiasco that is the striker situation.

I think we will plod along for the rest of this season, possibly even finishing seventh once again but I have stated before, it is not the finishing seventh that concerns me, it is the manner of finishing seventh.

In other words if we were in contention with the clubs in 4th/6th for most the season and narrowly missed out on top six then that would be an admirable attempt.

However, if we finish a remote 7th, prevailing in a blanket photo finish with, say, Baggies and Stoke and the Barcodes then that would feel like a step backwards.

But.....as I say I am not calling for the sack nor do I expect to be.

I think the matter will resolve itself at season's end.

I cannot see the club letting him go into the last year of his contract with no new deal in place and I think it significant there has been no hint, in public at any rate, of a renewal.

Ergo it is my belief that no matter what we do this season Moshiri and Koeman will arrive at a "mutual consent" deal next summer.

:)

I'm not defending him. There were 4 unacceptable results, 3 of which were utterly diabolical performances. But I don't think we want to go down the lose a couple of games, SACK route.

Agree and I have concerns myself about his management, my point was how quickly it went nuclear from old hands as well as the younger fans , quite shocking tbh.

I think that might have something to do with the genuine hope that things were changing at Everton. And also, more broadly, with the fact that social media allows and encourages instant and extreme reactions. Just look at the way Klopp has gone from being the Messiah, after beating Arsenal, to the Devil after drawing with Arsenal and losing to Leicester, passing Wenger going in the opposite direction. Sensible conversations after the match in the pub have been replaced by Twitter rants. No-one goes to a keyboard to be mild and reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back