Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we won the performance was so bad apart from Niasse.

We had 4 shots on target, 2 were headers from Williams and Colgate, the others were Niasse's goals.

The 2 DMs and shoe-horning of Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Rooney just won't work regardless of what formation of set up you do.

Gueye and Schneiderlin together had twice as many passes than the above 3 combined!

Despite what happened in the cup he came out with the team, formation, tactics today which once again were terrible. I really hope he is learning from these mistakes but I don't think he is.

Thursday I imagine it'll be a similar team to that against Sunderland (apart from the hero of course), but I fear Burnley will be more of the same and they'll be very tough to break down with our slow, toothless attack.

Once again brings on 2 subs early because he's got his tactics wrong, or hasn't got the ability to adapt the team on field.

2 defensive midfielders, 3 no.10s, and isolated striker and full backs.

We had no width in attack for an early ball and Wayne, Siggy and Klassen were just taking each other's space.

This for me, why if the formation and tactics have not worked in the previous 6 or so matches does he think its going to be any different today? Absolute definition of madness. Its not like there have been signs of the lads gelling etc. Its purely that we are trying to shoehorn new signings into a team which is getting us no where. Fans can see it, pundits can see it but Koeman reverts to type every match day. Be brave man, admit your mistakes in team selection and swap it around...whats the worst that's going to happen...we play [Poor language removed] like we have all season anyway

This for me, why if the formation and tactics have not worked in the previous 6 or so matches does he think its going to be any different today? Absolute definition of madness. Its not like there have been signs of the lads gelling etc. Its purely that we are trying to shoehorn new signings into a team which is getting us no where. Fans can see it, pundits can see it but Koeman reverts to type every match day. Be brave man, admit your mistakes in team selection and swap it around...whats the worst that's going to happen...we play [Poor language removed] like we have all season anyway

Hes changed the formation AND the players in EVERY single game this season.

Why do people keep saying hes doing the same thing every week? Utterly clueless.

I will say this at least Koeman subbed correctly today. That being said the starting lineup was ridiculous. What is Koeman trying to prove with this setup which is just not working. Big Dunc have your say. We sweated to victory at home against a second to bottom club. Lots of work to be done.

Hes changed the formation AND the players in EVERY single game this season.

Why do people keep saying hes doing the same thing every week? Utterly clueless.

But the players with which its not working are always shoehorned in that's my point. Its the slow/laborious team selection and tactics which are clearly not working but we persist with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back