Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much truth in it for the Koemantonians, Corky :)

That is what they find "wrong with it" ;)

Me?

I think it is spot on.

The truth hurts as they say.Still at least we got a badly needed win today.The excuses about a tough run of games are over now.We need to starting putting together a winning run and start climbing that league table pretty fast.

Because there was universal derision on GOT when the starting XI was named.

There was universal derision about an hour before the team was named, cos most of the whiners in the match thread fell for a bit of wumming about Baines playing at CB.

Fact is, it doesn't matter what team Koeman puts out, it'll get slated by the fine folks on here who think they're Mourinho cos they once had an unbeaten season on FM 01/02.

Like him or not, he's gonna have more time. I think he's cocking things up too, for the record. Needs to learn from his mistakes the big ol' melon head he is. A win is a win is a win, though.

There was universal derision about an hour before the team was named, cos most of the whiners in the match thread fell for a bit of wumming about Baines playing at CB.

Fact is, it doesn't matter what team Koeman puts out, it'll get slated by the fine folks on here who think they're Mourinho cos they once had an unbeaten season on FM 01/02.

Like him or not, he's gonna have more time. I think he's cocking things up too, for the record. Needs to learn from his mistakes the big ol' melon head he is. A win is a win is a win, though.

All of this.

Won somehow, so that's alright. But it isn't is it really? We know that the chemistry simply isn't there; we are slow in possession, lack creativity, give the ball away...a lot. Don't press the opposition, look nervous on the ball and it gets the home crowd anxious. I'm still not sure what our game plan is.

Sit deep, get the ball....then what? Our passing lacks crispness and the necessary off the ball running isn't there to make better options. So, we hold it, play safe and go sidewards, lose momentum or simply lose the ball!

Koeman has given too much importance to Rooney's ability to contribute on a consistent basis...yes, the magic may be there now and again, but it can't be relied on. Klaasen looks frightened, he needs help on and off the pitch because on current performance it's all too much for him. There a player there alright, but not the one we are seeing. Take him out for his own good.

Until we start having possession in the final third and bringing midfielders into the game we are going to lose more than we win. We know we lack pace and are reluctant to trust Lookman and I suspect Bolaise once fit, we need to find a style that can hurt the opposition. We look miles away from knowing what that is. Koeman, it's your team now, help me understand what our plan is? It'll soon be October and I'm none the wiser.

Needs to start picking a team which can play together and work on the shape in training rather than throwing on what he things are our best eleven players on the day.

He's hampered a bit by not getting a top striker in, and there are a lot of players who don't automatically know where there teammates are yet, so, until they do, we need to try and keep it simple. Koeman's not thick, but, like any successful manager, he is stubborn, but hopefully he'll work it out sooner rather than later.

Once again brings on 2 subs early because he's got his tactics wrong, or hasn't got the ability to adapt the team on field.

2 defensive midfielders, 3 no.10s, and isolated striker and full backs.

We had no width in attack for an early ball and Wayne, Siggy and Klassen were just taking each other's space.

His approach just isn't working and he hasn't got the capability to re-organise or adapt on field.

Without Unsy's youngsters coming on today, we'd of lost, this is not being knee-jerk, but if he keeps up this poor tactical approach, we are really going to struggle.

I thought he'd learnt mid week that we have to have width or 2 strikers, but he just resorted to type today.

Kenny, Davies and Niasse may not be the greatest players but them coming on meant taking two of our number 10s off and gave pace and urgency - let's hope he's learnt for the next game.

Desperately needs to play a balanced side, rather than try to keep all of his summer signings happy by shoehorning them into the same team. You cannot, without question, play Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klaassen in the same team, it simply doesn't work. Incredible really that the one lad who he froze out based on one half of a pre-season game has potentially just saved him his job today.

Stop playing two defensive midfielders at home, and stop playing 3 sodding number 10s in various positions. Have the balls to play Sigurdsson behind the striker and maybe Rooney on the right, but play a winger with pace in the other slot FFS.

He needs to pick on recent form. Doesn't matter how much anyone cost or how much they get paid. If the best eleven are all kids then so be it. Results are everything.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back