Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that Saturday might have been a turning point for him, ironic scorer, a bit lucky etc.

But he just isn't getting his message across, I mean Rooney dropping level with the back 4 and Sandro failing to hold his position as the focal point, its basic stuff. We look a disjointed mess of a side and barring Baines it's all his, all of it.

Who says it isn't tho? Ok your right with the team selection and players playing were as we do look disjointed but
Koeman knows we have to win Sunday

I thought that Saturday might have been a turning point for him, ironic scorer, a bit lucky etc.

But he just isn't getting his message across, I mean Rooney dropping level with the back 4 and Sandro failing to hold his position as the focal point, its basic stuff. We look a disjointed mess of a side and barring Baines it's all his, all of it.
His subs saved him on Sat - not leant from putting square pegs in round holes it's just stupid will he ever learn- NO so just sack him!!

but the draw Isn't his fault

It is, he's failing at managing his players against a 10 man team most people have never heard of in order to finish the game with a win.

He failed failed against City
He failed against Chelsea
He failed against Atalanta
He failed against UTD

Let's be honest here, has there been one single game this game where we've actually looked comfortable, like we actually deserve to win ? All the games we've played we've looked garbage and without any passion and that's all on Koeman

He's literally the polar opposite of Martinez, always moody, never happy with a performance and vocal about it... But they both gave us equally torrid results. If Martinez was the Yin Koeman is most definitely the Yang

We need a manager who is in the middle of those 2 attitudes, one who knows when to give praise and when to throw the book to motivate the players

He'll be here another season. He'll get one more decent budget in January and that's it.

We won't get relegated (even Martinez at his worst was nowhere near it) so they'll allow him to get out of this mess.

Would never trust him or Walsh with funds and transfers again

As has been pointed out before, at least with Martinez you knew what style he was trying to play, even if it was slow and we lacked the quality of players to implement it. With Koeman and this team at the minute, nobody has a clue how he wants to play, what he wants the team to do and what tactics he's using.

To me it feels like when you hear a young player say the manager told him to just go out there and play his natural game, thats what Koeman is doing with them all. Sending them.out with no shape, tactics or instructions, just telling them to play their own game as they all just seem to do what they want.

It is, he's failing at managing his players against a 10 man team most people have never heard of in order to finish the game with a win.

He failed failed against City
He failed against Chelsea
He failed against Atalanta
He failed against UTD

Let's be honest here, has there been one single game this game where we've actually looked comfortable, like we actually deserve to win ? All the games we've played we've looked garbage and without any passion and that's all on Koeman

He's literally the polar opposite of Martinez, always moody, never happy with a performance and vocal about it... But they both gave us equally torrid results. If Martinez was the Yin Koeman is most definitely the Yang

We need a manager who is in the middle of those 2 attitudes, one who knows when to give praise and when to throw the book to motivate the players

Who might that be mate?

Based on what mate?

Based on the fact he took estoril in Portugal to 4th place. Massive achievement for a small provincial club.

His record breaking time at olympiakos, including bagging the league title.

His near miracle at hull city and Watford's transformation under him.

He went through a crazy record of not losing at home for something like 2 years at two different clubs. He is exactly what we need. A man with a clear vision and ethos on how the game should be played. I think so anyway mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back