Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has to start being questioned if he continues with not having the bollocks to drop Barkley and flat-out refusing to play our youth players no matter how terrible the current starters are.

Alarm bells started ringing when we didn't sign a new keeper just because Stekelenburg made 2 decent saves on the opening day and catches crosses you'd expect most keepers to catch.

Sorry, but what we heard from Barry was stomach churning and it wasn't confined to younger players either. There was no excuse for it. It's basic patterns of professionalism that Barry underlined which were being withheld by certain players. They know the drill by heart. If they needed to be taken by the hand and forced into continuing them when things were bad then I'd say they aren't very good professionals.

There's a really dark core to that squad which I'm convinced someone like Koeman will sniff out and eliminate over time.
I thought this was the Grand Old Team site not the Game Of Thrones one.

Or yours about toxic fans if you like?

Go right ahead. I stand by my comments. The atmosphere was not one which breeds success...self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm not sure what he expected. Should we all be pure buzzin after a loss to relegation fodder?

I don't think it's necessary to go over the top with posts. I have no problem with criticism of the players, manager, or owner, but I do take issue with folks who do it in a 'THE SKY IS FALLING' fashion.

Go right ahead. I stand by my comments. The atmosphere was not one which breeds success...self fulfilling prophecy.

I don't think it's necessary to go over the top with posts. I have no problem with criticism of the players, manager, or owner, but I do take issue with folks who do it in a 'THE SKY IS FALLING' fashion.

People react differently mate. I'm an Everton supporter who hates losing. At anything. So it's not a good mix. I need to vent to get it out of my system.

Basically I think today's manner of defeat is one for alarm bells to ring. I agree calling out players for errors is not needed. But if players don't give their best efforts, then evertonians will call them out. Goodison expects full commitment. That is all. It's always been the case and always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back