Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's true. I'm not sure there's much of an argument on that. The nature of the debate ought to be did we require that sort of abrasive manager? Or should/can some players be immune from it?

When you read Barry's interview recently about last season you do get the picture of a group of players who had let the manager down. While Barry accepts some responsibility I highly doubt he did and suspect he is one of the very few who can hold his head up high. (He is probably the only one who had a good season from start to finish last year). Time keeping, preparation, training, discipline all seemed to go out of the window. It was a telling interview.

I imagine Moshiri walked in and quite early got a picture of what was going wrong. While Kenwright eulogised a proper businessman could see things were out of control. I do wonder if Koeman has been brought in specifically with the M.O of putting some discipline back into this squad?

We know that very early on, Moshiri liked Koeman and likewise Koeman liked Moshiri. Given Koeman's character I doubt he sugarcoated anything and probably said I'f he was the manager he would give them a rocket.

Anyway I think that's central to his message and in all honesty I think it was essential for us. What we saw from Southampton was, even when players left he was very adept at finding new ones to come in.

My issue with this isn't whether it is the right thing now or indeed his desire not to make anyone immune (I think they will all benefit form a bit of discipline). However it is how he evolves this style. He hasn't stayed anywhere longer than 3 years and there is a shelf life for that management style. People (and footballers) will work hard and knuckle down for 6-12 months but eventually they need a bit of praise and acknowledgement they have got achieved something. Expected people to always work harder with no end goal is divisive.

What Koeman is good at, is in a crisis getting quick results and steadying the ship. His biggest challenge here will be if he can build upon that. I think he will have money to spend. You know as well as I do if we start throwing around anything like the figures of spend we are suggesting over the next 2 years consolidation in the top 6 alone will not be good enough in the eyes of the fans.
I don't remember Sir Alex pandering to the dummy spitters. And he had an exceptionally long shelf life. Koeman makes the rules, the players are paid handsomely to obey them.Discipline is a must if we are to succeed, if they don't like it they will never play for a successfull club

We all know your not arsed about the PL season davek, you've shown for the last two season's that you were quite content to watch us fall lower and lower, all the while praising your beloved with the misty eyed ecstasy of a fanatic. The reality however is that most of us who actually put our hands in our pockets week in and week out & travel all over the country to watch the blues in what you consider miningless and worthless games, do care!

Interestingly your post did not receive a reply!!!!

image.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back