Ronald Koeman Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti is a pure pipe dream.

If Koeman had left in the summer for whatever reason, I'd be all over Ancelotti as his replacement. But as it stands now with the mess we're in and the state of the squad, it'd be completely new territory for him to ask him to come in and haul us out of a dogfight and up to mid-table. Never in his career has he been in that position.

If Koeman had left in the summer for whatever reason, I'd be all over Ancelotti as his replacement. But as it stands now with the mess we're in and the state of the squad, it'd be completely new territory for him to ask him to come in and haul us out of a dogfight and up to mid-table. Never in his career has he been in that position.

Aye, correct you are Mike.

It has to be someone whose going to graft short-term yet be the man going forward next year, next two years.

Step forward, Tom Tuchel.

Premier League records of permanent Everton managers since 1990
Manager
Games Points per game Win %
Howard Kendall
(1990-93) 60 1.28 37%
Mike Walker (1994) 31 0.87 19%
Joe Royle (1994-97) 97 1.43 37%
Howard Kendall (1997-98) 38 1.05 24%
Walter Smith (1998-2002) 140 1.16 29%
David Moyes (2002-13) 427 1.5 41%
Roberto Martinez (2013-16) 113 1.44 38%
Ronald Koeman (2016-17) 47 1.47 40%

Stats from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41683786 ...Surprising that he had the second highest win percentage out of our managers since 1990, Christ that shows how grim it's been, and how difficult it's going to be to get any better than him.

If we don't get a manager who actually believes in the club I swear I'll be raging. I'm glad Koeman has gone but those names linked with us are not the answer bar one or two. Nobody knows for sure yet though so let's hope the club gets it right this time.

Aye, correct you are Mike.

It has to be someone whose going to graft short-term yet be the man going forward next year, next two years.

Step forward, Tom Tuchel.

That's my pick too. He's done it at that level in Germany with Mainz, he's pretty much Dyche 2.0, with the added bonus of having also managed a top club and won a trophy.

Dyche would 100000000% 'get us'

he would have been playing during our glorious 80's years.

if you were to of said to a young sean dyche in the 80's that he would even get a sniff at managing Everton he would have fainted.

we wouldn't have to worry about him not understanding the massiveness of this job.

a great job it is at that.

I’m not exactly happy this has happened, I’m more disappointed that it hasn’t worked out more than anything.
Genuinely thought Koeman was going to do well here, all the signs last year pointed to positive things.
I do think he’s been hung out to dry by the powers above, it’s blatantly clear we needed a striker and another Center half. All the shouts of “no spending restrictions” “Monopoly money” “we went straight to the 60million asking price” and yet the players we desperately needed didn’t arrive. Koeman publicly asked for the extra players at least 3 times and The second the Barkley transfer fell through mosh was on sky making a show, if your here to steady the ship and get us a stadium then say that ffs, don’t spout utter drivel and back your manager fully like you promised.
Rant over :D

Don't they normally say who the caretaker manager will be when someone gets the boot? Considering we've got a game in 2 days you would think that they would have decided that immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back