Rooney testimonial August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who doesn't still hate rooney has absolutely no idea of what an evertonian is.

Children, grandchildren , great grandchildren should forever be taught about the treacherous scruffy manc runt and his kissing of another teams badge after scoring against us.

The fellas a dog and it should never be forgotten.

Watched Beardsley score for us against the other lot, ran back to the half way line and got on with it. Respect for current club and past, also respect for current fans and past.

This GILF beast left us in a web of lies about EFC and the Manager, then couldn't wait to kiss the Manc badge after scoring against us.

i am over him, most of us are....he left so for Everton we move on and are currently in the process of going out better things.

Official site says we have 3k initial allocation, adults £30/£35 u16 £10. United fans can't buy tickets in the East Stand so guessing the maximum allocation is 12k if necessary

Anyone who doesn't still hate rooney has absolutely no idea of what an evertonian is.

Children, grandchildren , great grandchildren should forever be taught about the treacherous scruffy manc runt and his kissing of another teams badge after scoring against us.

The fellas a dog and it should never be forgotten.
YERSE.

Watched Beardsley score for us against the other lot, ran back to the half way line and got on with it. Respect for current club and past, also respect for current fans and past.

This GILF beast left us in a web of lies about EFC and the Manager, then couldn't wait to kiss the Manc badge after scoring against us.

i am over him, most of us are....he left so for Everton we move on and are currently in the process of going out better things.

Just watched it again on YouTube, and I can confirm this absolutely did not happen. He went nuts.

"Wayne Rooney says he will not play for any other English club bar Manchester United, discounting the possibility of a late-career move back to Everton, after being given a ringing endorsement from his new manager, José Mourinho, and the encouragement to continue chasing down Sir Bobby Charlton’s scoring record at Old Trafford.
Having overtaken Charlton’s scoring record for England, Rooney will now go into his first season under Mourinho’s management at Old Trafford within four goals of pulling alongside the 1966 World Cup winner’s total for the club of 249.

Beyond that, Rooney will contemplate ending his career abroad, with MLS a serious possibility and the prospect of some huge financial offers from China, but the 30-year-old has made a declaration about his future that rules out any chance of returning to Everton, the club where he started his career. “I am happy to say now that, whatever may happen in the future, I will never play for another Premier League club,” Rooney said.

Rooney and Mourinho were speaking at the launch of the Wayne Rooney Foundation, which aims to raise £5m for charity, with all the proceeds from his testimonial against Everton at Old Trafford on 3 August going to the NSPCC, the Claire House children’s hospice, Alder Hey children’s hospital and the Manchester United Foundation. “This game will be a fitting tribute to everything he has achieved,”Mourinho said. “I’m looking forward to what will be a very special night for us both.”
"

Guardian today...

"Wayne Rooney says he will not play for any other English club bar Manchester United, discounting the possibility of a late-career move back to Everton, after being given a ringing endorsement from his new manager, José Mourinho, and the encouragement to continue chasing down Sir Bobby Charlton’s scoring record at Old Trafford."

Guardian today...
Yup. The Guardian who only read half his quote, or decided to ignore half of it before writing their article.

Yup. The Guardian who only read half his quote, or decided to ignore half of it before writing their article.
Rest of the quote?
"Manchester United and Everton are the only clubs I have played for as a professional footballer.
"I am happy to say now that, whatever may happen in the future, I will never play for another Premier League club.
"I owe United and Everton everything for giving me my footballing opportunities. Through the Wayne Rooney Foundation I want to put something back and, at the same time, say a heartfelt thanks to everyone at these great clubs who ever helped me in my career."
(according to the Express - CBA to find the press conference)

Fair point.
I would let him back in, but he has to say sorry first.

Yes mate, he hardly celebrated at all, :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Yeah, but the difference between Rooney's history with EFC and Beardo's history are vast.
- Liverpool were not Beardo's boyhood club
- Beardo didn't make passive overtures to return to LFC
- Beardo didn't wear a t-shirt saying "once a blue always a blue"

It was written on the side of the old Walton baths - "Rooney, scruff, onion, meff".

I think that says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.