Rooney testimonial August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donating the entire proceeds to those four causes is admirable - well done WR.

I can't help thinking though that if he wanted to, really wanted to repair the bridge between him and a lot of Everton supporters - irrespective of whether he would ever be tempted or offered the chance to play for us again - then maybe he could have included EITC as a beneficiary?

Claire House and Alder Hey are both Merseyside establishments and so he's helping his 'home' area, but helping EITC would surely have helped heal a wound that some still see as open and gaping.

Some ManU fans dont like that this is against Everton. Another indication that he has always been blue.

Shows just how small-minded they are then.
Everton was his boyhood club, but they've had the better and magnificent service out of him.
Why shouldn't he have a testimonial involving the two clubs he's spent his entire career with ?

Donating the entire proceeds to those four causes is admirable - well done WR.

I can't help thinking though that if he wanted to, really wanted to repair the bridge between him and a lot of Everton supporters - irrespective of whether he would ever be tempted or offered the chance to play for us again - then maybe he could have included EITC as a beneficiary?

Claire House and Alder Hey are both Merseyside establishments and so he's helping his 'home' area, but helping EITC would surely have helped heal a wound that some still see as open and gaping.
Obviously he is trying to build bridges by selecting the GOT official charity in Alder Hey. Probably has a contractual term which says he has to support MUFC Foundation. Perhaps he could spare a bob or two from his back pocket for EITC.

Shows just how small-minded they are then.
Everton was his boyhood club, but they've had the better and magnificent service out of him.
Why shouldn't he have a testimonial involving the two clubs he's spent his entire career with ?
He gave us the goal against Aresen'al.

Obviously he is trying to build bridges by selecting the GOT official charity in Alder Hey. Probably has a contractual term which says he has to support MUFC Foundation. Perhaps he could spare a bob or two from his back pocket for EITC.

I have no problem at all with the four he's nominated, no problem whatsoever - good on him I say.
A donation to EITC would in my opinion have been a classy thing to do alongside the MU Foundation.

When's the kick off? Can't find it anywhere.

Going the 'Dam from Manchester airport that night and could maybe do both if the kick off's early enough.

His continued referencing Everton bugs me. Never stops banging on about us, claims to always look for our result first, we're him testimonial opponents etc.

It's like when an ex wants to remain friends afterwards, yet is continually inviting you out with her new man, making overtures that you still mean something to her, whilst keeping you thoroughly in the friend zone.

He needs to just knock it off one and for all.

I'm sure he would play for us again now that we've altered our wage structure. Doubt he would of come back unless he kept his wage standard high enough. I don't want him back now we look like we've got funds to really kick on. He wouldn't settle for us years ago so I don't see why we should settle for him now when we can do better.

Even now all these years later, "remember the name - Wayne Rooney" still send shiver up my spine. I hated him for leaving at first. That feeling is long passed. He's a class act.
And the look on Wenger's face at the end always raises a smile. He looks the same. Does he have a picture in the attic?

Status
Not open for further replies.