Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise words, Dave.

See you in the Baines, Jagielka, Moshiri, Koeman, etc threads.
I think Capt Jags' and Bainsey's (reported) incessant scheming against Bobby supposes their receiving little affection from @davek. Similarly, the carpet-bagger's sacking of Bobby hasn't sat well with him.
As for Fatty Koeman, he merits any and all derision directed toward him (as does Gormless Walsh).

He said he's "at a big club now" Dave.

As in when he was at Everton he wasn't. Plainly another sly dig at the club who made him.
Heres another thing people keep banging on about, the club who 'made him'.

Yes he was at the club at a young age, but do you think the club done this as a charity case picking random kids off the street regardless of ability and moulding them into premier leauge players. No they pick up the most talented (rightly so) kids they can find and sign them up in hope it will benefit the club in years to come, its a long term investment.

I have a good friend who was with us since he was 8 up until under 18s, was captain of his age group the majority of the time, this lad sacraficed all his weekends as a kid while we where all out drinking and doing things kids of our age did he was getting off at half 7 8 at night. Eventually he was let go by us without a second thought, nothing. After all he had commited to the club. He ended up at Bristol rovers then jibbed it a few years later.

Moral of the story, its was Barkley geting home late every night after a full day in school going straight to training while all the other kids where out playing, it was him putting in countless hours on the training pitch, it was his mum and dad taking him to training everyday after they finished work. It was him who persisted through the injurys and the doubts to do what so many dreamed of and so many come oh so close to doing.

Yes the club gave him an opportunity, but it never made him. He like so many other young kids gave the club his childhood, who if he wasnt good or lucky enough as in some cases would have done it all for nothing.

He made it himself along with the help of his parents.

Any other kid whos played at that level, or father/mother who has been through it with them will tell you the same.

So before you start thinking Barkley owes the club everything, owes the same fans something who so easily turned there back on him like they are now doing with Davis, think what the lads been through.

Last edited:

"I am at a big club now with a lot of expectation and fantastic players around me, and my performances are showing it.

He having a dig at us there?

If you want to read that into it, then yes. If you dont have an agenda, then a combo of no and arsed.
I don’t think it’s having an agenda, they’re his words.

At a big club NOW, suggests he doesn’t think he was at one before. For a supposed boyhood supporter from the city, who gave him everything, that is a low blow.

I don’t think it’s having an agenda, they’re his words.

At a big club NOW, suggests he doesn’t think he was at one before. For a supposed boyhood supporter from the city, who gave him everything, that is a low blow.

And your interpretation.

If he had said, "Everton are a massive club, but with the investment and recent success at Chelsea, they have a different expectation that I was used to. At Everton, we wanted to win trophies, at Chelsea it is expected to win trophies. That is helping my game improve"

Thats my interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back