Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has been coached by them mate ? You or Ross Barkley ? Who do you think is more likely to know what they are talking about, random angry mateyboy on the internet or the person who trained with these managers every single day ? You've instantly come to the conclusion that he's certainly chatting wham because you have preconceived bias against him for leaving Everton. You're not capable of being objective as you've displayed in your previous posts, Im not saying he's definitely telling the truth but it hardly seems a stretch to think he's received improved coaching under Conte and Sarri compared to Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce. He's at a competitive successful club now, do you seriously think there would be no improvement in the standard of coaching ?

I bet you love a good 'boo' don't you. Top blue you lad. Proper Everton

I don't know how to break this to you but Barkley is a local lad who played for Everton how WHOLE career before moving to Chelsea. It doesn't leave a lot of options to who he's talking about. If you can't see he's slagging us then you need to take them specs off

I hate the old you don't play football you can't have an opinion [Poor language removed] it's nonsense. He was boss under Martinez that's an opinion but an opinion most Everton fans can agree on do people who not watch Barkley every single game not know what they are talking about

I don't boo no but Barkley who sucked the club dry for personal gain? I wouldn't boo I would spit at him

I don't know how to break this to you but Barkley is a local lad who played for Everton how WHOLE career before moving to Chelsea. It doesn't leave a lot of options to who he's talking about. If you can't see he's slagging us then you need to take them specs off

What relevance does that have to what you've quoted ? Its obvious he's talking about Everton as we're the only other club he's played for. You seem to have bizarrely come to the conclusion that I think he was talking about another club despite me given no indication of that being the case.

I have the old you don't play football you can't have an opinion [Poor language removed] it's nonsense. He was boss under Martinez that's an opinion but an opinion most Everton fans can agree on do people who not watch Barkley every single game not know what they are talking about

No... its the old 'he has worked with the coaches and you haven't' argument. An argument that holds up, you have no experience of coaching from any of the managers he's worked under yet you seem to feel you are as qualified to talk about the standard of coaching he's received as he is.

Think of all the criticism thrown at our last 3 managers from the fanbase... yet you're getting mad at Barkley for basically suggesting the coaching at Everton during those 3 managers wasn't great relative to what he now gets at Chelsea. Is that actually worth getting mad over ?

I wouldn't boo I would spit at him

is that before or after you'd broken all his bones ?

Last edited:
What relevance does that have to what you've quoted ? Its obvious he's talking about Everton as we're the only other club he's played for. You seem to have bizarrely come to the conclusion that I think he was talking about another club despite me given no indication of that being the case.

No... its the old 'he has worked with the coaches and you haven't' argument...

is that before or after you'd broken all his bones ?

So hang on first you said he wasn't mentioning everton now he is? Which is it

Secondly when did I say I was gonna break his bones? I just said he hope he breaks them? Your getting very erratic on your defence for Barkley pal

Deffo his blag cousin or something you BUT HE KISSED THE BADGE LIKE I DO IN POPWORLD HES A BLUE

So hang on first you said he wasn't mentioning everton now he is? Which is it

I never said he wasn't mentioning Everton.

You said: "he's talking every week about how crap being at Everton was"

I said : 'Except he's not actually done that has he, its just you being over dramatic over a couple of relatively mundane quotes"

He has not talked about how crap being at Everton was every week. He's made a grand total of 2 quotes with some relevance to his time at Everton, both of which were pretty mundane and hardly classifiable as him repeatedly saying 'being at Everton was crap'. Your problem is you're so emotionally invested in this you take any minor slight as some massive dig against Everton.

Secondly when did I say I was gonna break his bones? I just said he hope he breaks them? Your getting very erratic on your defence for Barkley pal

I'll rephrase that, will you spit on him after enjoying watching someone else break his bones ? There you go, you sound much more reasonable now.

He's right, tho'...Chelsea have been bigger than us since the Hoddle, Ruud & Vialli days: the glamour, odd trophy and more consistent league form elevated them above us in the status table. Then the money came and they went miles ahead.

But I do agree a true blue would be sensitive to making such comments...but honestly how many of our footballers are true Evertonians, especially those who have a chance to move up in the game? Seamus & Baines, maybe? Even our boy wonder Wayne wasn't that arsed about playing for his boyhood club, I mean fancy being England's brightest talent since Gazza, apparently a massive blue and then giving your peak 13 years to a rival club?

The idea of club-allegiance in the game amongst pros is almost dead...it's a romantic idea from ye olde days which the fans hang on to, to give meaning to the money & time we spend following.
This is spot on ... he has gone onto a bigger club .. we love our club and would play for next to zero wages but he’s always urnt a descent wage and doesn’t now any different so to move on was the right choice for him... money means everything to all prem players except a few rare ones .. for me it’s the way he left and shat on us money transfer fee etc,, never really rated him I think we get hung up that he’s a boy hood blue for me he’s always been to bootom heavy and never fit although hes looking fitter know but he’s still got that Barkley brain ... which in my opinion he’ll never make the graid

This is spot on ... he has gone onto a bigger club .. we love our club and would play for next to zero wages but he’s always urnt a descent wage and doesn’t now any different so to move on was the right choice for him... money means everything to all prem players except a few rare ones .. for me it’s the way he left and shat on us money transfer fee etc,, never really rated him I think we get hung up that he’s a boy hood blue for me he’s always been to bootom heavy and never fit although hes looking fitter know but he’s still got that Barkley brain ... which in my opinion he’ll never make the graid

agree with that, mate

Heres another thing people keep banging on about, the club who 'made him'.

Yes he was at the club at a young age, but do you think the club done this as a charity case picking random kids off the street regardless of ability and moulding them into premier leauge players. No they pick up the most talented (rightly so) kids they can find and sign them up in hope it will benefit the club in years to come, its a long term investment.

I have a good friend who was with us since he was 8 up until under 18s, was captain of his age group the majority of the time, this lad sacraficed all his weekends as a kid while we where all out drinking and doing things kids of our age did he was getting off at half 7 8 at night. Eventually he was let go by us without a second thought, nothing. After all he had commited to the club. He ended up at Bristol rovers then jibbed it a few years later.

Moral of the story, its was Barkley geting home late every night after a full day in school going straight to training while all the other kids where out playing, it was him putting in countless hours on the training pitch, it was his mum and dad taking him to training everyday after they finished work. It was him who persisted through the injurys and the doubts to do what so many dreamed of and so many come oh so close to doing.

Yes the club gave him an opportunity, but it never made him. He like so many other young kids gave the club his childhood, who if he wasnt good or lucky enough as in some cases would have done it all for nothing.

He made it himself along with the help of his parents.

Any other kid whos played at that level, or father/mother who has been through it with them will tell you the same.

So before you start thinking Barkley owes the club everything, owes the same fans something who so easily turned there back on him like they are now doing with Davis, think what the lads been through.
Valid points
But when it comes to loyalty, you're mostly better picking a dog over a foot baller every time

He's right, tho'...Chelsea have been bigger than us since the Hoddle, Ruud & Vialli days: the glamour, odd trophy and more consistent league form elevated them above us in the status table. Then the money came and they went miles ahead.

But I do agree a true blue would be sensitive to making such comments...but honestly how many of our footballers are true Evertonians, especially those who have a chance to move up in the game? Seamus & Baines, maybe? Even our boy wonder Wayne wasn't that arsed about playing for his boyhood club, I mean fancy being England's brightest talent since Gazza, apparently a massive blue and then giving your peak 13 years to a rival club?

The idea of club-allegiance in the game amongst pros is almost dead...it's a romantic idea from ye olde days which the fans hang on to, to give meaning to the money & time we spend following.

Spot on. They are employees, that’s it. Don’t get attached to any of them. There is no such thing as an “Evertonian player”. Rooney being labelled one was the biggest joke of the lot. It’s only the supporters who warrant the label. The supporters are the club, players are just passing through, some stay longer than others.

Personally Wouldn’t be bothered booing him or whatever when he comes back to play. Will just inflate the ego and he wouldn’t give a damn anyway.

As for his comments about “big club” , they have more chance of success than us as it stands regardless of history and if you want to talk about recent history it is night and day between us and them and the modern player with their tubby agents see this. It’s who’s revelant at the moment and we haven’t been truly relevant for a long time.

Given he can come across as quite gormless, technically gifted but gormless, The current Chelsea manager probably has clear guidance for him “keep it simple”.

I reckon he will be one of those players that will have had quite a few clubs on his CV by the time he is done. He must be an agents dream..."Ross, just look at what Wayne did when he left Everton, all time top scorer for Utd and England. This is why you need to go, this club is holding you back." Of course conveniently forgetting to mention that Wayne was already a mega star at Everton.

Fast forward another 6/7 years..."Ross, Middlesbrough are stunting your growth and stopping you getting into the England team, just like what happened at Chelsea, West Ham, Villa, WBA and Rangers. I just got a text from an ambitious chairman and they want to make you their STAR player"

RB "What club?"
Agent "Accrington Stanley"
RB "Who are they?
Agent "Exactly! Just think when you lift the Champions league trophy with them how everyone will think you are the best player in de whole world - and I just get my tiny 25% signing on bonus for finding you these perfect clubs..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back