Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think most agree with you mate.

Barkley wanted off and was always seeing out his contract. The club tried to prevent it, failed. We aren't the first and certainly wont be the last. As much as I'd like to blame the club, they had no chance here IMO - the lad had a contract on the table under Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, and Allardyce. Every single one talked him up, but then the club has to come first.

Martinez

Koeman I linked his quotes earlier. "We're going in a good direction and he is a key player, he is a kid of the club, a kid of the town and in my opinion, there is no better place for him to continue. "I think the way he is improving this season, Everton is the best place for him to continue."

Unsworth:

Allardyce;

If Nicky Barmby, Joleon Lescott, Wayne Rooney, Nick Barmby etc are judas rats, then all considered, Barkley tops them all - he set his stall out (rejected his contract) at a time of massive optimism - like never seen before at the club and mainly because of the manner in which he engineered his move.

I appreciate why some fans will blag themselves that he was bullied out the club by the evil boardroom or manager or whatever, but it's absolute nonsense.

That should be the last post on this misbegotten thread and the then thread closed forever.

Good. If it were up to me he wouldn't be able to buy a ticket to an Everton game in 40 years time with grandkids.

I don't know about that mate, just think for sports relief night and having him in stocks in the centre circle, £1 per wet sponge. Probably make quarter of a million pounds just for that with all the repeat business. Bad news for Ross is that he would probably drown due to how many and how often they keep hiting him...not to mention the cheeky scamps that hide rocks and bricks within the sponges! :dance:

MOTM on the beeb, bit surprised at the strength of the side Sarri put out, not sure it works in our favour at all, but maybe it does

I saw 24 mins of match highlights. I didn't see him feature much. But reading the Telegraph commentary you would think he didn't have a good game:

Barkley keeps passing to his fellow midfielders instead of carrying the ball.
Barkley seems a little nervous on the ball, unsure whether he's allowed to run with it or not.
Barkley is still a few milliseconds off the pace.
Another bad pass by Barkley
(And yet BBC says he has 94% passing accuracy).
Giroud makes a run beyond the last man and Barkley spots it, chipping over the top
Barkley slips while trying to receive a pass
Barkley tries a shot which deflects out for a goal kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back