Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Ross Barkley joins Chelsea, er, Villa on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez was the only one who seemed to have any fondness for him.

Martinez was great for Barkley in the first season but then it all went sour. Problem being that I think those were the years Barkley should have been working on the things he has been at Chelsea. His off the ball game has been transformed and he plays with so much more intensity now.

Poor today. At Everton this would always happen after a good run/game. He won't cut it at Chelsea if he can't be consistent. Based on what we saw at Everton, I don't expect him to.

He was poor today. Sloppy passing, didn’t want to carry the ball. Gave it away several times in the first half under no pressure.

His game was exemplified in the second half, when he received the ball just inside the palace half, tons of space in front of him, but turned round, passed back to Luiz and got out of the way - didn’t want the responsibility.

Confidence player, but after starting badly, his head went down.

He was poor today. Sloppy passing, didn’t want to carry the ball. Gave it away several times in the first half under no pressure.

His game was exemplified in the second half, when he received the ball just inside the palace half, tons of space in front of him, but turned round, passed back to Luiz and got out of the way - didn’t want the responsibility.

Confidence player, but after starting badly, his head went down.
I didn't see that. Must have been watching a different game. He had a nothing type game rather than a poor one. Most of the Chelsea players weren't at the races imo.

I didn't see that. Must have been watching a different game. He had a nothing type game rather than a poor one. Most of the Chelsea players weren't at the races imo.

Haven’t really watched him this season, aside from highlights of his goals etc, so watched him very closely today.

1st half he was very poor. 2nd half he tried to stay out of harms way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back