Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got top whack for Rooney, the rat stabbed us in the back…..
we got shafted for The Boy, he was worth twice what we got for him. i think he was manipulated and everything possible should`ve been done to keep him here. Moyes was ultimately responsible for Rooney leaving.

Rooney flat out refused to go to Chelsea. Only club he wanted to sign for was United so it wouldn't matter what anyone else had bid. He and United ultimately had us over a barrel.
Kenwright turned down a £40m bid by Chelsea. Then when someone with some brains pointed out that we needed to sell him to pay off debts he had to accept a bid of £27m of which we ended up with £24m

we got shafted for The Boy, he was worth twice what we got for him. i think he was manipulated and everything possible should`ve been done to keep him here. Moyes was ultimately responsible for Rooney leaving.
Pretty sure Moyes said he was gonna make him captain and give him £50k a week at 18 years old. Moyes was absolutely right as well in pulling Wayne up on his eating habits and his general lifestyle.

Stubbs had more have an impact on him leaving……because he told him to!

Pretty sure Moyes said he was gonna make him captain and give him £50k a week at 18 years old. Moyes was absolutely right as well in pulling Wayne up on his eating habits and his general lifestyle.

never heard of that one

Stubbs and funnily enough Steven bluddy Gerrard (mates, apparently...even back then).

I suppose Wayne's Man U & England record justify his move...but Fergie deffo shaved off some of that raw tricky magic that the boy had, and replaced it with consistent discipline (yawn).

never heard of that one
That’s because it never happened, the only advice Alan Stubbs gave Rooney was when Wayne made it absolutely clear he wanted to move and Alan then gave him some sensible suggestions to help him, no way did Stubbs give him any advice that would lead Rooney to leave the club, that came from elsewhere and it was obvious to a lot of fans that Everton were in a desperate financial state and Wayne would be sold.

Stubbs and funnily enough Steven bluddy Gerrard (mates, apparently...even back then).

I suppose Wayne's Man U & England record justify his move...but Fergie deffo shaved off some of that raw tricky magic that the boy had, and replaced it with consistent discipline (yawn).

…not sure why the debate lingers over Rooney leaving Everton. His leaving was inevitable, he left because he wanted to go.

Moving to United was a fantastic move for him & allowed him to fulfil a magnificent playing career.

Rooney is an Evertonian but there is no romance when it comes to a footballer doing what’s best for his career.

from what i remember Moyes barely played Rooney.

Rooney is an Evertonian but there is no romance when it comes to a footballer doing what’s best for his career.
Matt le Tissier would disagree.

As would a bunch of Evertonians. Neville Southall, for one.

I do agree it's become a rare breed for a talented footballer to love his club more than his ambition, but not unheard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back