Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was funny a couple of years ago when videos came out of all the Chelsea players celebrating in the changing rooms after winning trophies and that dope was sat in the corner on his own. Absolute imposter

Southall played for a team winning league and cups, so it was a bit harder to leave (and he considered it many a time by the way).
only up to 1987...he was still world-class for a good few years after that.

i remember his sit-in half-time protest, but not that it was related to wanting to leave. i might've missed something, tho'.

Matt le Tissier would disagree.

As would a bunch of Evertonians. Neville Southall, for one.

I do agree it's become a rare breed for a talented footballer to love his club more than his ambition, but not unheard of.

…there was an era of virtually every club having a star player who remained throughout their career, but times have changed. The power was once with clubs but now is totally with players, especially since the Bosman ruling.

Osman and Hibbert remained at Everton for a career, but the very top players tend to leave for the very top clubs. i never had a single issue with Rooney leaving Everton, I enjoyed watching him have success for United.

…there was an era of virtually every club having a star player who remained throughout their career, but times have changed. The power was once with clubs but now is totally with players, especially since the Bosman ruling.

Osman and Hibbert remained at Everton for a career, but the very top players tend to leave for the very top clubs. i never had a single issue with Rooney leaving Everton, I enjoyed watching him have success for United.
It's amusing to see United trying to keep hold of CR.

only up to 1987...he was still world-class for a good few years after that.

i remember his sit-in half-time protest, but not that it was related to wanting to leave. i might've missed something, tho'.
Exactly...he was happy when we were winning stuff, then when we slid down the league, he handed in a transfer request, which his Leeds sit-in was part of (so, yes, you did miss it).

Rooney flat out refused to go to Chelsea. Only club he wanted to sign for was United so it wouldn't matter what anyone else had bid. He and United ultimately had us over a barrel.

What?! no he never, Rooney didn't want to go at all. But if we didn't sell him we'd of probably gone into administration because we needed to pay debts.

Kenwright forced him out and then let a 18 year old kid take the brunt of the fanbase because he's to much of a coward to admit he made a mistake.

agreed.
Osman and Hibbert remained at Everton for a career, but the very top players tend to leave for the very top clubs.
also agreed, no one better than Everton wanted them, but they were a decent fit for us.

i never had a single issue with Rooney leaving Everton, I enjoyed watching him have success for United.
i must admit my sense of magic & romance took a hit when Rooney left. i wasn't bitter, but also wasn't arsed to follow his career.

A sense of identity is an important part of following, if our best players just keep leaving it can erode that sense.

I’m still confused and can’t keep up in this thread…are we still in a space where this is all speculation based on Barkley changing a photo on social media?

I’m still confused and can’t keep up in this thread…are we still in a space where this is all speculation based on Barkley changing a photo on social media?
Yes. It would of been his agent doing that as well while leaking “information“ or lies to drum up interest in their client so they could scrounge another large fee from the buying club for doing nothing but giving him terrible career advice years ago and spending 5 minutes editing his social media channels

Exactly...he was happy when we were winning stuff, then when we slid down the league, he handed in a transfer request, which his Leeds sit-in was part of (so, yes, you did miss it).

I'm not sure that was particularly anything to do with a transfer. We were 3-0 down at half time. I was in the gwladys st and i think nearly all of us wanted to join him. I think he was just having a massive sulk. I got that.

Good leeds team that day tbf. Decent 2nd half from Everton but damage was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back