Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do it Everton. Dele is taking the role of faded prodigy looking for redemption. Plays the same position, has less baggage and more upside.
Ross Barkley is not even in the same league. Dele was genuinely one of the best attacking midfielders in the world a few years ago. If he can get to 50% of that level, he will be better than Barkley could ever hope to be.

He was never a 35m player, we just over valued him
Didn’t we have a fee of about £20m agreed with Chelsea and he went to London for a medical and agree terms only to decide he didn’t want to move ie they told him to see out his contract. They he got injured.

Didn’t we have a fee of about £20m agreed with Chelsea and he went to London for a medical and agree terms only to decide he didn’t want to move ie they told him to see out his contract. They he got injured.
Well we got 15 for a injured player, that was a really good deal at the time, he could of sat out the last 6 month and we got nothing

He was never a 35m player, we just over valued him

He was at that time easily a £35m player but I do know of one poster on here who will categorically disagree with anyone who thinks that. If it helps I do believe Kenwright was disgusted with Barkley for the way he engineered that move with his agent and at the time when he left hardly anything was said by Everton about him, such as thanks for the service wish you luck etc, due to that. Also heard Bill would not welcome him back as such.

He was at that time easily a £35m player but I do know of one poster on here who will categorically disagree with anyone who thinks that. If it helps I do believe Kenwright was disgusted with Barkley for the way he engineered that move with his agent and at the time when he left hardly anything was said by Everton about him, such as thanks for the service wish you luck etc, due to that. Also heard Bill would not welcome him back as such.
I dont think he was that good, ok the English thing adds a bit, but 35m, I dont think Koeman helped to be fair, if we had sold him the season before when he got some games for England we might of done better fee wise

30mill was agreed , but he said he wasn’t ready or something then sat out injured for the next few months and he ended up goin for a lot less costing us 20 mill the suspicion was that the money Chelsea saved was used to give him a bigger weekly wage

I dont think he was that good, ok the English thing adds a bit, but 35m, I dont think Koeman helped to be fair, if we had sold him the season before when he got some games for England we might of done better fee wise

The only reason he stayed Carlin was for us to clear his injury up for him so that he was ready for Chelsea. That alone knocked £20m off his fee because he was nearer to the end of his contract. Probably with the fee lower his agent engineered a higher salary fo him. Also I noticed he lost a fair bit of timber, when he played for Chelsea and slagged off out training regime, stating " I wasn't really trained by Everton properly " or words to that effect. I for one will never forgive him for that and it made it mor treacherous than when Rooney left.

I know all about the problems he was reputed to have caused when he left (nobody knows for sure) but I would have him back, he could pick a forward pass and score some goals which is more than our current midfielders can do, so for me yes please.

Pass the bleach. I can't take anymore, the bar was already at an all time low. How can it have just got lower ??

when he played for Chelsea and slagged off out training regime, stating " I wasn't really trained by Everton properly " or words to that effect.
Yeah but a lot of our fans have said the same thing about our training and lack of fitness, its something many of us have picked up on, if he said that he might of been saying what a lot of us were thinking too

He was mate, he was still young gifted, box to box midfielder who could make and score goals.Him and his agent were just playing the game and running down his contract, thus month by month lowering his fee, for a supposed Evertonian, I thought that was wrong but others on here will strongly disagree, that's fine by me. I thought we deserved a big return on him leaving.

I think it's a mentality thing with Ross, the lad had so much natural ability that he allowed himself to get inside his own head and it had a detrimental effect on his game. He could do something brilliant without thinking about it but when overthinking it would have an adverse effect. He always thought he was better than what he was and I think Martinez was partly to blame for that. I think the Chelsea fans were very frustrated with him over the simplest of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.