Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really just don't understand why Martinez won't play him in the middle. It is blatantly obvious to the 39,000 Evertonians in the ground that is his best position but Martinez refuses to listen. It reminds me of the Arteta conundrum that Moyes used to have.

Needs to start in the middle on Wednesday.

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Besic Barry
McGeady Barkley Mirallas
Eto'o

Subs: Robles, Hibbert, Lukaku, Naismith(if fit), Atsu, Osman, Pienaar

Just not happening for him right now, it happens with young players.

Playing with two out and out holding midfielders at home against the likes of Hull don't help his cause at all. So easy for the opposition to crowd him out.

Not sure what the answer is at the moment for him, he's not really in form is he?

Would like to see him in a midfield two with two strikers to play in above him but I'd prefer three other central midfielders before him in a two.

Maybe it's just a load of things not going our way at the moment. He'll be sound like.

Not sure what the answer is at the moment for him, he's not really in form is he?

Would like to see him in a midfield two with two strikers to play in above him but I'd prefer three other central midfielders before him in a two.

Maybe it's just a load of things not going our way at the moment. He'll be sound like.

Think we need a change in formation, teams have worked us out.

Ask yourself: are many of our players?

I'm not defending him entirely as he's been off form for a while, but it mustn't be easy to produce when 'experienced' professionals aren't either.

People are expecting a lot from the young lad, when really there are other players out there who are deserving more criticism.

When the rest of the team buck their ideas up, I think we'll see an improvement in Ross.

Ask yourself: are many of our players?

I'm not defending him entirely as he's been off form for a while, but it mustn't be easy to produce when 'experienced' professionals aren't either.

People are expecting a lot from the young lad, when really there are other players out there who are deserving more criticism.

When the rest of the team buck their ideas up, I think we'll see an improvement in Ross.

Aye that's probably right like.

I still maintain his best game in a blue shirt was against Liverpool at home last year playing as a deep lying play maker. It's so difficult to play as high up the pitch as he currently does and not find yourself crowded out by teams who sit back.

Think him and the team would benefit from him in a deeper role, I mean, do we really need two defensive mids at home to Hull?

he is terrified of getting injured again? or has he always have that osman-like tenacity when it comes to defending?????????? he can forget becoming CMF if he just let players go past him like water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back