Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe.

I just thought Naismith being out would mean we'd see Barkley where he should be playing. But nope.
I didn't. I said before I thought Eto'o was ahead of him and I simply don't buy the developing the player argument. I think it's bollocks. I think it's the same reason Roy doesn't play him, he's worried he will loose the ball in the center when there's no cover.

For all the talk of Martinez loving youth and playing without fear his actions paint a different picture.

He had an 8.02 rating today on whoscored. His best or the season by far.

For all the people who thought he had a bad game I suggest you try watching the game rather than imaging what you think you saw due to some idea you have in your heads.

I didn't. I said before I thought Eto'o was ahead of him and I simply don't buy the developing the player argument. I think it's bollocks. I think it's the same reason Roy doesn't play him, he's worried he will loose the ball in the center when there's no cover.

For all the talk of Martinez loving youth and playing without fear his actions paint a different picture.
I do agree to an extent this season, a worrying trend of moyes like decisions

Do you want McCarthy partering Barry or Besic?

Game, set, match.

There is a player in there, but no player in the squad casts more fear into me as an Everton supporter than Big Mo. As unpalatable as that is to some, had certain other fan unfavourites been responsible for some of his decisions, there'd be a wicker man on Formby beach by now.

Game, set, match.

There is a player in there, but no player in the squad casts more fear into me as an Everton supporter than Big Mo. As unpalatable as that is to some, had certain other fan unfavourites been responsible for some of his decisions, there'd be a wicker man on Formby beach by now.
and yet said favourites who do make these mistakes get more game time, but because of there supposed experience its gets put down as one of those things, where as besic can't take a swig of his drink without his decision making being questioned

and yet said favourites who do make these mistakes get more game time, but because of there supposed experience its gets put down as one of those things, where as besic can't take a swig of his drink without his decision making being questioned

Whos favourites? I hasten to add Barry got caught in possession, and the clamour on here to get Browning in and have Hibbert shot has been overwhelming to say the least.

The only player who looked like taking us forward in the second half. Much improved the moment he got played through the middle.
Eto'o, Barkley, Naismith and Lukaku are all brilliant and contribute different things to the team, but he has to stop trying to fit them all in.

Its either Lukaku or Eto'o and Barkley or Naismith. Not all of them.

The only player who looked like taking us forward in the second half. Much improved the moment he got played through the middle.
Eto'o, Barkley, Naismith and Lukaku are all brilliant and contribute different things to the team, but he has to stop trying to fit them all in.

Its either Lukaku or Eto'o and Barkley or Naismith. Not all of them.

Totally agree, we've been surprised by how good Eto is, still. Doesn't mean he has to be started every game and change the team shape/tactics we had last year.

Game, set, match.

Without a doubt I think it's time to play Besic and McCarthy but since McCarthy needs time Barry should be played until McCarthy is fully right.

Put it this way Besic had a 7.4 rating and Barry was only 5.7 but Barry was rushed back in my oppion. It's close between him and Besic but I just prefer Besic's energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back