Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right. I got the feeling Perisic was our first choice too however I don't think Atsu factors into it while as much as I think he should play on the left it seems he's been bought as Deulofeu's replacement.

However they aren't the reasons the OP said was the cause of us not getting Tadic. He said that it was because of Lukaku and if that is the case then the board have set a very limiting and rigid figure for Martinez to work with especially with all the new money coming in.

I was the OP haha! I don't think Martinez wanted to risk it mate - but Tadic was a target. But we've spent £32 million so far this summer, plus new contracts for Barry, Coleman etc.

Could you please ignore me as I can't do it to you as it hides the threads you start like the transfer one.

It's getting tedious now.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Even more seriously. Stick him on ignore, then when you're looking at a list of forum threads click on "Show ignored items" and it'll appear. If there any of chico's threads you really want to see ( hard to believe, but i guess it's possible ) then mark them as "Watch" threads and they'll show up on your list there.

Genius really and it'll really wind Chico up.

Carry on

Last edited:

I was the OP haha! I don't think Martinez wanted to risk it mate - but Tadic was a target. But we've spent £32 million so far this summer, plus new contracts for Barry, Coleman etc.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend. I just couldn't be arsed going back and looking who posted that.

I know and we've done good business and without wanting to clog up the Ross Barkley thread (it was just a throwaway comment) I just feel that while I can understand keeping it back if there's no value in the market however for a player of Tadic's ability if we could have got him for that price we should have been able to find the money. After all, we did get an extra 30m or so from Sky.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend. I just couldn't be arsed going back and looking who posted that.

I know and we've done good business and without wanting to clog up the Ross Barkley thread (it was just a throwaway comment) I just feel that while I can understand keeping it back if there's no value in the market however for a player of Tadic's ability if we could have got him for that price we should have been able to find the money. After all, we did get an extra 30m or so from Sky.

No worries - none taken!

He was a target, we made a bid, but Sotton wanted their man and bid nearly 2 million more than us in the end. We could've upped our bid but for whatever reason, Bobby decided against it. I'd have loved us to get him though, as he's a top player. I can only imagine that Martinez wanted Lukaku + Besic more than Tadic.

I've noted less hysterical tosh in your posts today mate, well in.

ha, i thought you didn't know why one was shaved - read it wrong.

it's like those people who wear trousers with one leg down and the other one rolled up to the knee roll to look cool. ha
Ha, I guessed it is an injury thing but he's gone full leg on the right, if it was just around the knee fair enough. You're probably right though, all the cool kid's will be walking round one shaved leg in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back