Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries about Man Utd coming in for him, for a start Ed isn't speaking to us after we embarrassed him over Fellaini/Baines :) Also think Kenwright is still seething over Ferguson tapping up Moyes and writing in his biography during the Rooney negotiations Kenwright cried and put his mum on the phone to berate him.

I've no idea what price we would consider selling him at, depends if we get the investors for the new stadium that @bizzaro is confident we will. A new stadium is essential if we hope to compete financially in the future - as you are finding out even billionaire backers don't mean as much in these days of FFP. And unfortunately nobody looks likely to just give us a stadium like Man City/West Ham.

I'm certain it won't be for a figure in the 30m range though, you've just paid that for a 23yr old CB with no league experience that was kept out of the French team by Sakho!

The act of Everton building a bigger more financially lucrative stadium makes Everton a bigger target for investors.

Since investors want to invest to see their investment grow (in value).

Bricks and mortar combined with profitability is what people will want to invest in.

If we get planning permission and the plan looks good and its a state of the art (in the REAL SENSE of the word) that makes our turnover jump say 25 or 40%.

That is an INVESTMENT opportunity. Since its linked to EFC's potential PROFITABILITY.

Its all down to planning permission and the business plan that EFC put together.

Investing in buying a couple of players (now banned under FFP) is not "investment" at all.

The whole principle of FFP is - clubs must fund themselves. A stadium capacity jump and hospitality for corporate and other will boost this for EFC.

Yes too true ...I seem to remember we were 4th from bottom when we sold Rooney (could be wrong like)
But anyway The Barkley situation ...we are in a much stronger position now .Dont have to sell to survive.

Yep, lost 5-1 at City on the last day in a "winner gets 16th" match. Only time I've ever left at half time, went for a nice curry in Rusholme instead!

The act of Everton building a bigger more financially lucrative stadium makes Everton a bigger target for investors.

Since investors want to invest to see their investment grow (in value).

Bricks and mortar combined with profitability is what people will want to invest in.

If we get planning permission and the plan looks good and its a state of the art (in the REAL SENSE of the word) that makes our turnover jump say 25 or 40%.

That is an INVESTMENT opportunity. Since its linked to EFC's potential PROFITABILITY.

Its all down to planning permission and the business plan that EFC put together.

Investing in buying a couple of players (now banned under FFP) is not "investment" at all.

The whole principle of FFP is - clubs must fund themselves. A stadium capacity jump and hospitality for corporate and other will boost this for EFC.
Thanks Bizzaro, I think I understand the need for a new stadium and the concept of investing well enough that you don't need to write it in capital letters for me.

But there are some mighty big "if's" there - if we get planning permission and if the business plan looks good. We don't know either of those at the moment.

Thanks Bizzaro, I think I understand the need for a new stadium and the concept of investing well enough that you don't need to write it in capital letters for me.

But there are some mighty big "if's" there - if we get planning permission and if the business plan looks good. We don't know either of those at the moment.

Yes. But not everyone on the forum can read so well.

One of the things that scare me about Everton not constantly improving is Ross will look for greener pastures, I just hope he doesn't knee jerk as much as myself. (get it get it get it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back