Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness though, this isn't even worth getting worked up about. Ross hasn't even played this season, he's not going anywhere and if he does, Bobby will squeeze every penny from city.

If Rooney stayed, we would have got relegated?? Is that what you are saying??
Who knows...but I fear without that cash Injection we would never have been able to strengthen the squad...we were in a bad mess on and off the pitch at the time.I for one am glad we didnt gamble on the potential of a 17/18 yr old kid to keep us up.
Barkleys situation is totally different now, we are now in a much better position & no longer a club that has to sell (although the media would have us think differently)

Wish people would stop pooing themselves over paper talk ffs why would city make this official in September one month AFTER the transfer window shuts? Makes no sense if they were gonna bid they would have done 4 weeks ago not wait til it shuts before deciding "DUH WE RONT ROZ BERKLEY!"

he also signed a new deal in the transfer window so chill

Bit of a leap that isn't it? The papers have been briefed by someone that there will be a bid made in the summer in the 30m range. Andy Gray says he thinks Everton would have to consider selling if a bid of 50m came in. Huge gap between those figures.

We've just spent 28m on Lukaku, why would we sell Barkley for a few million more especially when we managed to get 34m for players that Martinez didn't rate in Fellaini & Jelavic.

It's a leap of some description, but not sure it's a huge one. So you think Everton would consider selling for 50 million, or at least Gray does. Does that mean the price has now been set and a 50 million bid gets him?

Don't let Ed Woodward hear that. ;)

I remember the things Barkley was saying when he signed his new deal in the summer, and the way he spoke of how it felt as an Evertonian when Rooney was sold... it just makes me think he won't ask for a transfer.

So as long as we don't decide to do the stupid thing of cashing in, I actually think we might be OK with this one.

He won't leave this summer unless daft bid comes in £50m and club will have to consider, especially now Bill had to give up the arteta money.

He knows he won't play at City even next season. In a couple yrs, it's more probable if we haven't won the lge by then.

I don't care what you think pal. I only post in the Barkley thread because - shock horror - I rate him.

I don't need to try and leave you with any impression. I post in good faith and don't need to wum. Believe me if I wanted to wind you lot up it wouldn't be difficult as even basically what you are all saying, the story is bollocks, is met with the usual snide sneering from a small minority of know nowts.

I had to later explain that "I suspect it'll happen next summer rather than this" was simply in reference to City bidding for him. I also repeatedly said that Everton are building a strong team and that they have no reason to sell if Kenwright does the right thing.

It was also under the cloud of the Toure situation. That situation has been resolved and he will sign a new contract before the season is out. City bidding for Barkley is therefore no on the agenda because the problem position is now Nasri's and the player they want has been identified.

Oh and for the third time. Why so itchy when i'm saying the story is bollocks. Should I believe Adversus' nonsense that i'm pretending. Yeah right. I've got better things to do, which I'll now get on with.
But the point I'm making is you don't know anything more about City's plans than frankly we know about Everton's.

You rate him and hope City will make a bid. What you are telling us furthers that goal in your mind although probably only subconsciously.

Same as the papers although they have a bigger pulpit plus it's a slow news day.

Show you are ITK and tell us your source. Then we can judge whether you aren't just pretending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back