Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a shame that it seems to unbalance the team when they play together. Naismith gives the side something different and is a goal threat. He would have been very useful coming off the bench today

Yeah maybe.

I just thought Naismith being out would mean we'd see Barkley where he should be playing. But nope.

Thought he did quite well today, some good, some bad. Seemed like there were a couple times when he could have played a slide rule ball into Lukaku, but possibly it wasn't on, couldn't tell from my view.

If he's gonna play in that attacking three then he needs to be much more of a goal threat. And yes, he could learn from Naismith in that regard.

Well then Naismith should learn to dribble, be strong on the ball, have at least a tiny bit of pace and have a boss fade from Ross then.

I'm finding that's opinion hard to digest when I think Naismith would have scored today

Naismith is better
Naismith's best attribute is to win us a lot of free kicks high up the pitch. Given the fact we only looked like scoring today from lumping it into their box that mightn't have been a bad asset to have.

He's still a VERY limited player though. Not Everton class in a million years.

It's time Roberto makes the big call and start playing Barkley behind Lukaku where he is definetly at his best. Still, I can understand why he is being played out of position and that is because both Naismith and Eto'o have played better than all of our wingers with the exception of Mirallas.

Tough call but it needs to be made.

Thought he did quite well today, some good, some bad. Seemed like there were a couple times when he could have played a slide rule ball into Lukaku, but possibly it wasn't on, couldn't tell from my view.
I did. I really dont understand the stampede to describe that as a poor display. Yes, he got caught on the ball. But that was because he was practically the only one trying to open up a very energetic Spurs team that doubled up on Everton players - which necessitated taking two on at a time. He lost the ball a few times, he got by that pressing very well on a lot of occasions though.

Naismith's best attribute is to win us a lot of free kicks high up the pitch. Given the fact we only looked like scoring today from lumping it into their box that mightn't have been a bad asset to have.

He's still a VERY limited player though. Not Everton class in a million years.

He's been one of our best players this season, so what qualifies as Everton class?

Depends. Ross takes risks. He will lose it a lot taking these risks.

Stop him doing that and he'd be a normal player. And we don't want that.

There is taking risks and there is dilly dallying on the ball. Needs to start thinking more quickly. I'm not sure that can be taught, or if he'll just get it from experience. Right now though, it's a problem.

He's been one of our best players this season, so what qualifies as Everton class?
Everton class - a little more than endeavour. Maybe it's a conceit, but Naismith is a no frills, meat and potatoes player. He just hasn't got what it takes to hold down a place even now in the pomp of his career and in an Everton team struggling to stamp itself on the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.