Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll offer him a decent to great contract. But I don't think him signing it is down to the money.

He either wants to be at Everton because he loves us or he feels his career will progress better elsewhere.

Really don't see him as a money grabber.

As a posted earlier, Spurs wont make him their highest earner so if he heads there its not for money.

We'll offer him a decent to great contract. But I don't think him signing it is down to the money.

He either wants to be at Everton because he loves us or he feels his career will progress better elsewhere.

Really don't see him as a money grabber.
Tbf I don't think Rom is either - for both it seems to be more career progression and silverware that are driving them. Of course money won't be immaterial, it is an obvious way of seeing how valuable you are to a club versus other players but doubt either would do a move like Oscar did.

Tbf I don't think Rom is either - for both it seems to be more career progression and silverware that are driving them. Of course money won't be immaterial, it is an obvious way of seeing how valuable you are to a club versus other players but doubt either would do a move like Oscar did.

Yeah definitely the same for Rom. I don't know the contract he was offered but can imagine it's huge as he's that important to us. But he's made it clear what he wants and we are just not quite there yet. It's whether we can somehow persuade we will be there soon.

Not sure we can sadly.

Yeah definitely the same for Rom. I don't know the contract he was offered but can imagine it's huge as he's that important to us. But he's made it clear what he wants and we are just not quite there yet. It's whether we can somehow persuade we will be there soon.

Not sure we can sadly.
Tbh I thought Rom would leave last summer so I've mostly made my peace with him leaving and just enjoyed his goals this season.

Ross moving on will be a kick in the guts though, especially if Rooney coming back makes an impact on his choice to go.

I'm not sure he'll be that arsed about being anyone's highest earner though.

Agree. The point I was trying to make is that there has been reports that the deal we will offer him is £100k a week, which Spurs wont beat as it would make him their joint highest earner. So if he still goes to Spurs then its not about the money as he would earn more here.

For some reason he doesnt strike me as being overly interested in money.

Agree. The point I was trying to make is that there has been reports that the deal we will offer him is £100k a week, which Spurs wont beat as it would make him their joint highest earner. So if he still goes to Spurs then its not about the money as he would earn more here.

For some reason he doesnt strike me as being overly interested in money.

This Summer window is crucial.

If Ross and Rom commit to new deals they are effectively tieing their best years to the club. Of course that is what we as fans are desperate for them to do.

The only way this will happen is if we go out and buy the calibre of players to indicate that we are serious about challenging for honours.

Sign 2 star centre halves and a world class keeper, add in Tielemans and show we mean business.

Actions speak louder than words.
We spoke about a big summer 12 months ago and it was a disaster.
The club has to deliver on the promise to have a squad to compete.

I think if Ross goes this year it's because Ron wants him to. Mind you he is not going to come out and say that, and of course the offical line would be the club tried our best to keep him yadda yadda, but deep down if he really wants him he will get the club to pay what Ross wants.

If we don't then I guess we have our eye on someone who Koeman thinks will fit the role better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back