Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure with Ross, love the lad but I'm just not seeing it. Some nice turns in the 2nd but tried to do too much often turning into trouble and finding nobody. He needs to release the ball a lot, lot faster than he is. I also notice that he just doesn't seem to pass to Davies when he is free in the middle, what is that about, does he feel upstaged or maybe he just doesn't see him? I have hope just not sure our manager is going to persist much longer. Obviously this will be flagged as hate speech.

He has been playing decent recently but what frustrates me with him is that he doesn't turn up when we play the bigger teams. Very poor today.

Decent player with sparks of more than decent. Nothing special. Very very close to his ceiling, if not already at his ceiling

I'd sell for good money and reinvest.

And no, this isn't only because of this last game, I've been feeling like this since the start. Never liked the lad. Been hyped up for years and waited for his breakthrough but it never happened, and it won't happen.
My exact sentiments. Just don't get what people see in him

Off to the highest bidder in the summer. Not sure there will be too many. He is a dream to play against if you're a defensive midfielder. You know he's going to take 3-4 touches on the ball. Win it every time on the blind side.

He's clearly a good player, but it's telling that he never shows up in the big games. I've defended Ross for ages, but I'm becoming slightly more ambivalent about him leaving.

Agree. Also, whenever he got the ball, it seemed like Kante was on him in a heartbeat.

Overall just not able to play his game today...

They looked like they were marking each other for most of the game. Gana with Hazard. The only one who got free was Davies.

Think he kept the shape well but didn't do anything going forward apart from the two balls he played through at the start.

There was still 3 other players in front of him that did zero creatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back