Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just isn't all that... permanently playing with his back to goal, taking too many touches and playing the wrong pass... it's beautiful when it all clicks, but that's once in a blue moon it seems.

He isn't even half as creative as we need him to be, that being said he was played deeper today and it doesn't suit him all that much. Think if Schneiderlin was playing he would've been much more effective.

I think we're overly reliant on him to be creative and be our focus. Whilst yes, he didn't play well today, the point could also be made that it is hard to play well with Valencia (very meh) and DCL (young inexperienced also meh) as two of a front three. His best other alternative for a supporting creative player is Mirallas who goes missing in 7/10 games.
Seriously need to reinforce this area as the top teams have several creative players going forward. Perhaps then he might be yet more productive.

I think we're overly reliant on him to be creative and be our focus. Whilst yes, he didn't play well today, the point could also be made that it is hard to play well with Valencia (very meh) and DCL (young inexperienced also meh) as two of a front three. His best other alternative for a supporting creative player is Mirallas who goes missing in 7/10 games.
Seriously need to reinforce this area as the top teams have several creative players going forward. Perhaps then he might be yet more productive.
If he was playing any sort of forward, decent, balls and it was dcl/valencia struggling then I'd agree... but ross doesn't even find them with passes because he's looking at stekkes making blind passes sideways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back