Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. The 47 points and nearly turning us into actual Wigan, but without the cup win. I'm not over it.

It was a nightmare period alright: 3 seasons and only two cup semi finals and a record breaking season to show for it. I expected the CL at least. Koeman will do it for us though. This 58 points is a great platform to work off.

It was a nightmare period alright: 3 seasons and only two cup semi finals and a record breaking season to show for it. I expected the CL at least. Koeman will do it for us though. This 58 points is a great platform to work off.
Hint of sarcasm there Davek, what if he did though? I suspect you believe he won't so let's just get that out there?

And we got what out of it exactly ??

It was the most enjoyable season for me in our premier league history, i wanted him gone by the end of his reign but that season was great. Ditching Moyes brand of football and finally playing possession footy, having Barkley burst onto the scene like he did, going away to big clubs and playing with ambition like we hadn't done in many yyears (Arsenal, United away). It was refreshing and although we wimped out a bit in the final run in it was generally a great time to be an Everton fan (relative to our premier league history).

Sure Moyes got us to 4th but that season was bizarre and despite finishing 4th it wasn't as enjoyable for me as Martinez first season.

So yeah, he gave me my best memories of an Everton premier league season, not so bad.

You'll have to excuse the law student in me, but your whole stance seems rather illogical, to be honest. You sit on this board and moan about Koeman and support Martinez, basically using the 72 points we accrued in 13/14 as the backbone to make your case. My question to you is that did you not witness the regression or the collapse of Roberto's tenure here? 72/5th ---> 47/11 ----> 47/11. So I'm confused by your logic. You can't argue that Martinez's Everton didn't severely regress and that he, as the manager, was largely the one at fault. Furthermore, if you look at Martinez's record as a manager as a whole, the 72 points seems an aberration and not the norm. So what exactly is your stance? You think if Everton kept Martinez they would have rebounded from 11/11 in the past 2 years. Lastly, who do you fault for the collapse? Players or Roberto? Seems as if you would be pleased that Koeman has taken essentially the same team that Martinez had and turned them from 11 to 7th and will finish with an expected return of +14ish? points in the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back