Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry dave but he's got too many flaws in his game for my liking and it's not koemans fault. I'm reluctant to criticise too much because it gets a bit over the top. but equally his backers who won't hear a bad word said about him are also slightly unhinged. He's a certainty to leave in my opinion

...before I get put on ignore, I'm not criticising Barkley's or anybody's performance yesterday.

I can't agree with those who say that he's not been offered a new contract, not sure of the logic with that. For me, it's clear a new deal is on the table and the player hasn't signed it. He might be playing brinksmanship, I doubt the club will increase the offer but the longer this goes on the likelihood is that he wants to leave.

I really do wonder what clubs who match his ambition will want him. Unless he's already been 'tapped up', he might decide to sign his new contract in the summer if the teams he fancies don't fancy him.
I get the feeling Ross is looking for 100k+ p/w and the board don't think he's earned it.

3-5-2

Barkley as one of three in the middle of the five, two proper attacking wingbacks to stretch the opposition when we gain possession, upfront a playmaker/second striker roving between lines and linking up with Barkley and Lukaku/Lukaku-replacement.

Right, so where do these 2 CL quality wingers play??

...stalemate then. You could be right but there are no rumours that this is the case. I really am interested in who might want to buy him.
City maybe?. I remember him and Stones in the crowd together before Stones moved not sure what game. Always stuck with me that.

Had a fantastic season up until Easter last season with record assists and goals scored. He came alive under Martinez.

Koeman has neutered him. He must feel like he's playing in divers boots.
Sorry mate ,but you come out with some utter tosh at times. Until Koeman got hold of him ,most fans had lost heart in him ever fulfilling his potential. He was the cause of many after match pub debates with a growing consensus that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we lost him. He has turned this around and most are now hoping we retain him.
Does it ever get boring always choosing to march to a different drum ?

Sorry mate ,but you come out with some utter tosh at times. Until Koeman got hold of him ,most fans had lost heart in him ever fulfilling his potential. He was the cause of many after match pub debates with a growing consensus that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we lost him. He has turned this around and most are now hoping we retain him.
Really? Sorry, I must be listening to a different army of whingeing big girls blouses since that Chelsea game stating he's stood still for years and calling him fit to burn.

That says more about our idiotic fanbase than it does Koeman tbh

For 2 thirds of last season he was good to very good, unfortunately the end of season form for the entire club left legions of simpletons forgetting about the previous two thirds of the season and coming to the ridiculous conclusion that he's gash.

Sorry dave but he's got too many flaws in his game for my liking and it's not koemans fault. I'm reluctant to criticise too much because it gets a bit over the top. but equally his backers who won't hear a bad word said about him are also slightly unhinged. He's a certainty to leave in my opinion
As a fully signed on unhinged person I have to disagree.

Ross is our one creative player. When he doesnt perform the team doesnt and he generally takes the blame.

Its just wrong.

@davek has a point, some of Barkley's best footy of his career was under Martinez until he started to look like a lard arse.

Koeman has helped the defensive side of Barkley's game, but we don't get to see those marauding runs much anymore (his goal against Newcastle away comes to mind) that we used to see from him.

Last edited:
6qh1j4.jpg

That's with barkley (and rest of squad) not even trying for most of the final third of last season. Seasons not over though so maybe he matches it or betters it.

He actually hit 9 goals and 11 assists in all competitions + international duty last year and yet apparently he was useless.

He's definitely improved his overall game since Koeman joined, way better defensively... but im not sure he's improved much in terms of attacking intent and being a goal threat, id perhaps even argue that this side of his game has got worse.

note: im not calling martinez a genius or Koeman a wasteman.

Last edited:
As a fully signed on unhinged person I have to disagree.

Ross is our one creative player. When he doesnt perform the team doesnt and he generally takes the blame.

Its just wrong.
I'd agree that he's over burdened. It goes without saying that we need strengthening on the wings and another striker. Koeman has done well to get us to 7th with this squad in my opinion and the amount of goals scored has been a welcome surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back