Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay assuming he stays, and I'm 100% sure he is, and leaving aside assumptions on why his dribbling is less frequent, what can be done transfer and tactics wise to get him firing again?
Buy two CL class wide men, take the playmaker responsibilities off Barkley and drop him back into CM.

Let the dog see the bone.

Same question to you then Goat

Surround him with better players, keep him firmly away from the middle of the park, he lacks the game to play as a CM, buy a replacement, either a like for like, for example a Sigi or a different kind of number 10, not a playmaker, a striker type.

I do agree we need 2 "wingers" to take the burden away from him.

Surround him with better players, keep him firmly away from the middle of the park, he lacks the game to play as a CM, buy a replacement, either a like for like, for example a Sigi or a different kind of number 10, not a playmaker, a striker type.

I do agree we need 2 "wingers" to take the burden away from him.

I really think given even 6 months training and playing with at least a couple of players with some real experience and knowhow in that attack and he would never look back.

So you would play 4-2-3-1? Barks in midfield? Where does that leave Gana, Morgan, Tom, Besic, Barry, McCarthy
3-5-2

Barkley as one of three in the middle of the five, two proper attacking wingbacks to stretch the opposition when we gain possession, upfront a playmaker/second striker roving between lines and linking up with Barkley and Lukaku/Lukaku-replacement.

He's good at some things but sadly not the important things. The pressure put on him by martinez totally over hyping him did him no favours
Had a fantastic season up until Easter last season with record assists and goals scored. He came alive under Martinez.

Koeman has neutered him. He must feel like he's playing in divers boots.

S
I suppose 4-3-3 with Ross as the tip of the 3 would work.
Surely it depends who we're playing. Parking bus team he can play in the three and have proper strikers/ door unlockers ahead. Chelsea & Co I'd keep him away from midfield and have him in front 3 or on bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back