Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
But their main player did nothing.....so one of the other £20 million plus players stepped up.....along eith anither £60 million off the bench to win it!!

If chelsea only had hazard yesterday....they would not have won.[/Q
So Gana did his job and we needed Barkley to do his.?

Barkley wants to play for a top 4 team but probably isn't good enough to be a starter in a top 4 team.

Something for Barkley to think about, Moshiri wants us to be a top 4 team and brought Koeman in to deliver that. Koeman was attracted to us because he thought the ceiling was much higher than at Southampton (and the big pay packet).

So that is a problem for Barkley, we want top 4, we need top 4 players and Barkley isn't a top 4 player. If Everton were going to be really ruthless they could throw sentimentality out of the window, ignore the fact he is a scouser and splash the cash to bring in a player who would get us closer to the top 4 at the expense of Barkley.

But there is the problem...We can't attract those players. We have to play it clever

So can we not give Chelsea's midfield credit for closing ross???

We need more attacking players sonee dont rely solely on Ross, which is what we are doing.
Ross was poor, but even so he won us some free kicks and had a few moments of magic. I think Valencia neutered our attack a bit; he should never be on the field until the last 10 minutes when everyone is gassed. And Holgate still needs to learn to provide width for our attackers. The field is too narrow. If Holgate is going to be our RB, he has to learn to provide some width. He has all the tools, but the field is too narrow for him not to be getting down the line. The entire 1st half was played from the left and pretty much summed up the situation. I'm sure Koeman will drill him on this in the summer.

We could get Sigurdsson for around the same if not less and I rate Gylfi higher than Barkley.

Far from irreplaceable
Yeah true then we could watch opposing teams double up on him & leave the rest of our team to show how great they are at forward passes.
Creative players aren't like the old foreign players rule you can have as many as you want

I'd love to read chelseas forums when they get beat by Barcelona & Real Madrid I wonder if they blame hazard or the defence that conceded the goals.

Fact is Chelsea's are closer to the best teams in the world than we are to them.

Clearly the level of expectation lacks realism.

If I was manager jags & Williams would never make the squad again whilst I was in charge.

So can we not give Chelsea's midfield credit for closing ross???

We need more attacking players sonee dont rely solely on Ross, which is what we are doing.
Sure, give them credit, but it's also happened a million other times.

Unpopular opinion and I'm usually one of his biggest defenders, but seriously - people double up on Hazard, Costa, Aguero and a million others and they seem to just about always perform well. I'm aware players have bad games too, but how often in a season can we write off a game for that?

Ross is a good player with occasional flashes of brilliance, nothing more, nothing less. He's a Blue though so we manage to hype him up more often than not and set expectations ridiculously high. If this was someone from abroad we won't be so happy with him, and if anyone can disprove me - go ahead.

Yeah true then we could watch opposing teams double up on him & leave the rest of our team to show how great they are at forward passes.
Creative players aren't like the old foreign players rule you can have as many as you want

Ross has no defensive knowledge so because of him we play with three holding players. We should be playing with two.

With siggurdson we could probably play with two holding players, thus freeing up another attacking role. So because of that it would be difficult to double up on him.

For me, Barkley isn't good enough to justify the free role, letting Ross be Ross. If he wants to float around at the top and offer nothing defensively he has to deliver, consistently and he doesn't.

Ross has no defensive knowledge so because of him we play with three holding players. We should be playing with two.

With siggurdson we could probably play with two holding players, thus freeing up another attacking role. So because of that it would be difficult to double up on him.

For me, Barkley isn't good enough to justify the free role, letting Ross be Ross. If he wants to float around at the top and offer nothing defensively he has to deliver, consistently and he doesn't.
Either that or become the elusive "False 9" and we switch to two up top...

Sure, give them credit, but it's also happened a million other times.

Unpopular opinion and I'm usually one of his biggest defenders, but seriously - people double up on Hazard, Costa, Aguero and a million others and they seem to just about always perform well. I'm aware players have bad games too, but how often in a season can we write off a game for that?

Ross is a good player with occasional flashes of brilliance, nothing more, nothing less. He's a Blue though so we manage to hype him up more often than not and set expectations ridiculously high. If this was someone from abroad we won't be so happy with him, and if anyone can disprove me - go ahead.

So why not enjoy a good player instead of moaning that he hasn't reached some level that fans/media made up?

Sell a % of our fans to Chelsea in the Lukaku deal please

So why not enjoy a good player instead of moaning that he hasn't reached some level that fans/media made up?

Did I say that though, friend?

Just a statement of opinion - he's not ROSS BARKLEY SUPERSTAR, he's a good player at best, and still extremely inconsistent. I mean I really like him but he's so, so frustrating most the time.

Surely it's just a debate on the pro's and cons of a player , just because some are more critical than others doesn't mean they are poor fans. Or is any discussion of any player only allowable if we discuss how wonderful said player is.?

For me one of the most disappointing things with Ross is that he has this rare ability that you don't see very often in players. The ability to burst at teams like a juggernaut. Players like Toure, Gerrard, Gazza, Viera all had it and I think it was part of what set them apart in their pomp. What ever he does or doesn't do that people want to argue over this is the thing that I'm saddest about with him. It's either been coached out of him or maybe he doesn't feel confident enough to do it but I wish he would. It's one of the greatest sights in football when you find a player who can pick the ball up and drive at a team with power, pace and an ability to dance around them like they aren't there causing absolute havoc in his wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back