Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is here to play football, and for 3 months he has been superb, he was poor and last week and was poor this weekend, like the rest of the team.

Why is it Ross's job to drag the team out???

Gerrard is nothing to do with this, and should not be used against ross ffs, its just down to your and manys fans desperation about being as good as them.
I agree with much of what you say , but if Barkley isn't going to drag the team out as our most creative player ,who is? If we find somebody who can do this where do we play them and retain Barkley in the side?

Not just them the 6 teams above,we haven't won a trophy for 20 odd years,so yes I'm desperate and obsessed in doing so! And I hope koeman and everyone at the club is as well!

And clearly you are taking that out on one of, if not the best player in out squad.

I agree with much of what you say , but if Barkley isn't going to drag the team out as our most creative player ,who is? If we find somebody who can do this where do we play them and retain Barkley in the side?

But he does do it, he is creative.

We would have been 1 up from that creativity inside 5 mins had DCL had scored!!

Its not like we played Hull our Sunderland at home, we plaued the best team in the league that have that many options, that fabregas and Willian cant get on the pitch.

Too much is made of Ross, when the team lose.

The answer is not replacing Ross, because even the best around would struggle to win games on their own with Valencia, dcl and kone the options ahead of you!!

Ah, we didn't win so Ross is useless again I see. Be boss again next week if we win. Knee jerking at its best or is worst?

Always been consistent about him myself. He's a decent player, but never a great one. Too many flaws in his game that aren't going anywhere.
I think we should keep him, as selling him and Rom gives out entirely the wrong message about where the club is heading.
However, I don't see him as an automatic starter, and I'd love Sigurdsson to come in, so we can see a player who thinks quicker, with better set pieces, and a better shot. Real competition for places.

But he does do it, he is creative.

We would have been 1 up from that creativity inside 5 mins had DCL had scored!!

Its not like we played Hull our Sunderland at home, we plaued the best team in the league that have that many options, that fabregas and Willian cant get on the pitch.

Too much is made of Ross, when the team lose.

The answer is not replacing Ross, because even the best around would struggle to win games on their own with Valencia, dcl and kone the options ahead of you!!
Again I agree with the thrust of your argument,but in a game like yesterday which was tight until the first goal , they had the player who made the difference and we didn't. I believe Barkley can be that player, and he has improved in leaps and bounds this season. Perhaps we need an alternative to him to be our catalyst in midfield, but in that case who do we sacrifice to retain him in the side, Gana, Schneiderlin, or Davies ?

Barkley wants to play for a top 4 team but probably isn't good enough to be a starter in a top 4 team.

Something for Barkley to think about, Moshiri wants us to be a top 4 team and brought Koeman in to deliver that. Koeman was attracted to us because he thought the ceiling was much higher than at Southampton (and the big pay packet).

So that is a problem for Barkley, we want top 4, we need top 4 players and Barkley isn't a top 4 player. If Everton were going to be really ruthless they could throw sentimentality out of the window, ignore the fact he is a scouser and splash the cash to bring in a player who would get us closer to the top 4 at the expense of Barkley.

Again I agree with the thrust of your argument,but in a game like yesterday which was tight until the first goal , they had the player who made the difference and we didn't. I believe Barkley can be that player, and he has improved in leaps and bounds this season. Perhaps we need an alternative to him to be our catalyst in midfield, but in that case who do we sacrifice to retain him in the side, Gana, Schneiderlin, or Davies ?

But their main player did nothing.....so one of the other £20 million plus players stepped up.....along eith anither £60 million off the bench to win it!!

If chelsea only had hazard yesterday....they would not have won.

Know what you're saying mate, but I don't think it was a coincidence that after Bolaise's injury our form improved (even in the game he went off injured we all of a sudden looked better) . With Bolaise in the side it was all about just getting the ball out to him and sometimes there was decent end product off him, sometimes not. With him not in the side we started playing football, we looked more balanced, knocking the ball around instead of just hoofing it up to where Bolaise would have been , even Barkley started to see more of the ball.

Not saying Bolaise wouldn't have made a difference in some games (especially away from home) but we haven't done to bad without him.

At the end of the day though none of us know what difference he would have made to our season.

Yes...fair comment...trouble is now we seem to have resorted to 'get it up to Rom' 90% of the time. I still have nightmares of a game at OT...had a seat a couple of rows behind Moyes and he shouted all through the game 'Get it up to the front man...quickly' so I can see why some posters think Koeman is a bit Moyes like sometimes. We play good stuff against teams below us most of the time, but Koeman seems to over think his plans against the 'top' teams, and with the players we have now, it finishes up as hoofball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back