Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top, top players, need half a second to decide what to do with the ball, it is what makes them great! ross needs a second, it si that lack of mental agility that has stumped his growth and no coach on the planet can do anything with that! He needs to have the confidence to go with his gut feeling, but sadly his confidence has the tensile strength of rice paper! I think this lad is another nearly man!

He went missing again. Just like he did at Anfield, White Hart Lane, etc

Some posters bang on about his incredible talent. Maybe I am not so sure. He has a great shot but never uses it. He is also slowish and pisses around on the ball. He does not seem to fit into a fast moving team.

And what is his best position? He's no Beardsley with lots of work-rate and an eye for a clever pass. Yesterday Barkley was outshone by Davies.
If he plays on the wing we lack pace and he just never runs past Lukaku and never creates anything in the opposition's box. Poor movement.

Flog him but he is not good enough for the Top 6 teams in my view
He was our best player at white hart lane by some distance

Also, this "dithering on the ball", is down to no movement ahead if him. Rom is wrapped up by 2 players sulking, Valencia and DCL are just stood watching.

Ross needed a Ross or Kev ahead of him to nove and take the ball from him.

He was poor, not the only one though, again.

Agree, fans expect more from Barkley as he got one of the most important roles in the team and you need a consistent player in this role. I wouldn't sell him but wouldnt be heartbroken if we sell him. We also have to buy competition for him this and get another player in as we can't wait forever for him to finally hit his ceiling.

We dont need somebody better, we need somebody "different" for days like today.

Despite his many, many pluses, the boy Sigi is the same type of player as Ross, he would be Ross replacement, sure they could play together, but we need Ross AND something different, somebody who plays differently, FOR EXAMPLE, a Mane type, a Valencia type, the short nippy little bugger who plays between the lines, for days like today.

Koeman knew that, and Bolassie was that man. The injury to Bolassie was a bigger blow to our season than many on here will admit. DCL is young and inexperienced but put in a good effort yesterday in the 'Bolassie' role.

...before I get put on ignore, I'm not criticising Barkley's or anybody's performance yesterday.

I can't agree with those who say that he's not been offered a new contract, not sure of the logic with that. For me, it's clear a new deal is on the table and the player hasn't signed it. He might be playing brinksmanship, I doubt the club will increase the offer but the longer this goes on the likelihood is that he wants to leave.

I really do wonder what clubs who match his ambition will want him. Unless he's already been 'tapped up', he might decide to sign his new contract in the summer if the teams he fancies don't fancy him.

im sick of hearing that ross plays poor because everyone else in the team plays crap!
he should be pulling the team through when players around him are off form,like slippy across the park used to.
I get no pleasure in saying that either,but that's the player I thought he was going to be!

Why should he??

Why not Rom or Gana?

Why mention Gerrard?

Also, this "dithering on the ball", is down to no movement ahead if him. Rom is wrapped up by 2 players sulking, Valencia and DCL are just stood watching.

Ross needed a Ross or Kev ahead of him to nove and take the ball from him.
that may be the case about the lack of options ahead of him but that happens in football, what you want from a player is when faced with that lack of options, he can make a simple ten yard pass to a fella wearing the same colour shirt. That bit went missing again yesterday and you can see it knocks the confidence about going forward of the other players if there is a higher probability of us giving it away cheaply and them being caught out of position

Why should he??

Why not Rom or Gana?

Why mention Gerrard?
thats what hes there for is it not? at the moment im not sure what he brings to the table.
gana is there to break play up,rom to score goals,
I mentioned gerrard because that many thought we were getting a similar type of player,
maybe i should compare him to joe allen instead then!

Koeman knew that, and Bolassie was that man. The injury to Bolassie was a bigger blow to our season than many on here will admit. DCL is young and inexperienced but put in a good effort yesterday in the 'Bolassie' role.

Know what you're saying mate, but I don't think it was a coincidence that after Bolaise's injury our form improved (even in the game he went off injured we all of a sudden looked better) . With Bolaise in the side it was all about just getting the ball out to him and sometimes there was decent end product off him, sometimes not. With him not in the side we started playing football, we looked more balanced, knocking the ball around instead of just hoofing it up to where Bolaise would have been , even Barkley started to see more of the ball.

Not saying Bolaise wouldn't have made a difference in some games (especially away from home) but we haven't done to bad without him.

At the end of the day though none of us know what difference he would have made to our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back