Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Ross but he doesn't score enough goals and has too many off days for my liking.

I'd obviously like him to stay but if he thinks he's too good for us then he should be told to watch his arse on the slamming door on the way out.
He probably thinks he'll never fit the style of play on offer here for the foreseeable and would prefer to go to pastures new. I dont blame him.

Everton get beat. This becomes the biggest thread on here. I was there and saw it as well.

You know what, he wasn't great today and by the same token it wasn't down to just him either.

It's simple for me, his long term career should be in Royal Blue. I'd make him captain as well.

He has improved this season, and some games he has been the player we need ,skilful, constantly probing the opposition defence, creating chances and willing to do his share for the team. Today though he was back to his worst traits ,head down running into trouble, and worst of all dithering on the ball, something I thought he'd stopped his season. Problem is when he has a poor game we do.

Martinez took him from Leeds' bench to being an England player.

Its a bit much to denigrate that.

What has Koeman done to kick him on - told him to lay the ball off more often? Well in Ronald, great insight.
He had as many bad games under Bobby as he had under koeman. He also had as many good games under koeman as martinez. He's inconsistent. That's his biggest fault .
He was on the Leeds bench because he was a young lad.

Martinez took him from Leeds' bench to being an England player.

Its a bit much to denigrate that.

What has Koeman done to kick him on - told him to lay the ball off more often? Well in Ronald, great insight.

Barkleys best season this so far. I just don't think he's going to be top drawer like I'd hoped. He's just a good player.

He had as many bad games under Bobby as he had under koeman. He also had as many good games under koeman as martinez. He's inconsistent. That's his biggest fault .
He was on the Leeds bench because he was a young lad.
Fact remans: under Martinez he expressed his range of talents exponentially. Under Koeman he's added a bit more judgement to his game. I know who I think has had the more fruitful influence.

Martinez was the worst manager possible for Barkley. Hyped him up with his ridiculous over the top hyperbole, to the point that fans were expecting the new Zidane.

No wonder Ross didn't put a tackle in for about 2 years, must have felt he didn't need to.

Barkleys best season this so far. I just don't think he's going to be top drawer like I'd hoped. He's just a good player.
Yes I agree bit like Rodwell, he's just got worse each season and been relegated with our old manager, who by the way has also got worse each season since he left us.

RB is a better player than even Lukaku. He needs a great manager to find him his role. He's an incredibly talented player who can improve way beyond what we've got out of him. His development is being stiflled here. It's criminal.
I think the thing with Ross is that he's naturally got it all, he's problem is when he has time to think it all seems to go wrong from there. He's got a special talent but he can't quite work out how to use it, not an easy fixed problem. But he should go in the summer if he's not going to sign a new deal, I don't want another season of speculation about him and Rom, if they want out its best they go.

I agree with other comments Ross is more technically gifted than Lukaku or any other players at this club, but he's always struggled to be consistant, as I said in an earlier comment if he has time to think he messes up, when he hasn't that's when his talent really shows. Lukaku come here when Everton had improved, if he had to fed on the scraps Duncan had to really on people wouldn't think he's that good because he would struggle.

He went missing again. Just like he did at Anfield, White Hart Lane, etc

Some posters bang on about his incredible talent. Maybe I am not so sure. He has a great shot but never uses it. He is also slowish and pisses around on the ball. He does not seem to fit into a fast moving team.

And what is his best position? He's no Beardsley with lots of work-rate and an eye for a clever pass. Yesterday Barkley was outshone by Davies.
If he plays on the wing we lack pace and he just never runs past Lukaku and never creates anything in the opposition's box. Poor movement.

Flog him but he is not good enough for the Top 6 teams in my view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back