Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm struggling to actually think of one person in our whole squad that GOT is unanimous in the "should not be sold or replaced" category. January signings don't count because they've only been here a couple of months.

... ah wait, tom davies, he's the only one i believe!

As always, he invites crtiticism mainly because when he isnt at the top of his game, he offers almost nothing! Not even any effort! I grew massively annoyed with the number of times he failed to cover ten feet to press a Chelsea player who had possession!

To be honest I like him and hope he stays and becomes a world beater. But today he wasn't awful , he just wasn't good enough. If we want to improve perhaps it's time to accept we need someone better in that position.

We dont need somebody better, we need somebody "different" for days like today.

Despite his many, many pluses, the boy Sigi is the same type of player as Ross, he would be Ross replacement, sure they could play together, but we need Ross AND something different, somebody who plays differently, FOR EXAMPLE, a Mane type, a Valencia type, the short nippy little bugger who plays between the lines, for days like today.

We dont need somebody better, we need somebody "different" for days like today.

Despite his many, many pluses, the boy Sigi is the same type of player as Ross, he would be Ross replacement, sure they could play together, but we need Ross AND something different, somebody who plays differently, FOR EXAMPLE, a Mane type, a Valencia type, the short nippy little bugger who plays between the lines, for days like today.
Yes I agree. To be honest Barkley along with the whole team has improved vastly this season, but we need far more quality and depth if we are to seriously trouble those above us. Today illustrated that , brutally in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back