Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would thrive. The amount of space the players around him create will make Barkley stand out. He will never be short of passing options and top class movement of strikers in front of him will see his assists grow.
he showed today that even his short passing game when not under a load of pressure is still suspect. Shame as he started the game well

he showed today that even his short passing game when not under a load of pressure is still suspect. Shame as he started the game well

I look at him as a forward passing player. He doesn't want sideways or back passing and is always looking for the forward play. This is mostly when he gets caught out as more often than not as no space ahead of him has been created. Only my opinion like but the players ahead of him are not helping him out much whereas a team with better players around him will make it easier for him to slot into his forward thinking mindset with intelligent runs and 3 and 4 players making space instead of just 1 and maybe 2.

I like Barkley and hope he is successful, but to be brutally frank, if we're truly serious about challenging those above us ,we need a better player in his position. He wasn't poor today but he simply wasn't good enough.

I disagree.

I think he was poor today.

Gareth Southgate can do one.
Never speak to Ross in between premier league games again.

Crikey. And likewise there were plenty of 23 year olds who improved in their mid to late 20s. What were Gerard and lampard doing at 23?

Well Gerrard was captain of Liverpool having won the FA Cup, UEFA Cup and PFA Young player of the year. Lampard had signed for Chelsea on the back of a 1 goal every 4 games season for West Ham.

Crikey. And likewise there were plenty of 23 year olds who improved in their mid to late 20s. What were Gerard and lampard doing at 23?

Crikey indeed. Either will be true. He'll improve or he won't.

The general consensus is that he's not improving at a satisfactory rate.

Because of that it's not unreasonable to suggest that he's coming to the top of his talents.

Hopefully he's not and he goes up another level and leads us to success!

Ross Barkley is no [Poor language removed] diamond he shouldn't even be in the starting 11 week in week out

He's under performing Mirallas can play that role also but it's all about golden boy .. Telling you .. If he weren't Scouse he would have been ran out of town years ago

The minute Koeman wakes up and gets someone better in that attacking role he will stand out like a sore thumb

Try and makes your comments without resorting to bad language please.

There was a lack of options for Barkley today. Barring a few poor judgement calls he made where a better player* would have played in Lukaku, each time he got the ball in the second half he didn't have anyone to pass to ahead of him where you thought we'd go on and create something. Lukaku was isolated and marked by their defence and his outlets were the likes of Holgate, Calvert Lewin and Valencia who may be good in certain areas, but not what we needed to create chances. We could have done with an in form Mirallas, Deulofeu or Bolasie as an outlet.

Better player* e.g the best in the league who can play through balls like Hazard, Fabregas, Eriksen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back