Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Latin Joe? :)
No my tiny i pad one game and its lets pick on a player when our keeper in for Robles was an accident waiting to happen!
RB was not brilliant by any means , but he must play were the manager tells him to play too deep in the 1st half then when he ventured forwards pedro had all the room of Goodison park while we were man marking hazzard!

I agree he has talent. Sometimes lack conviction. Still, I personally would like him to stay. But, do you thnk he'd a priority signing for any of those teams above us? Can't see him at Chelsea or RS. Man Utd have a lot of midfielders. Spurs? Would he get in their team? That leaves City and Arsenal. No mention of him with those clubs. He should stay with us if there's an agreeable contract offer.
I think Spurs will trade and get shut this summer. Jansenn and maybe Eriksen might leave. Barkley would do well there.

Can't see him been a regular for any of them really
He's an exceptional talent.

I never can get the tendency for Evertonians to talk down their major talent. I mean this lad and Lukaku are head and shoulders above any other players we have but to see many posts you;d think they were Championship class players.

Both of those players will win titles and have massive careers. No doubt about it.

He's an exceptional talent.

I never can get the tendency for Evertonians to talk down their major talent. I mean this lad and Lukaku are head and shoulders above any other players we have but to see many posts you;d think they were Championship class players.

Both of those players will win titles and have massive careers. No doubt about it.
Lukaku is one of the best finishers in the world . Any team would love him.
Ross has talent I just dont know if he has the vision , and understanding of the game to be top class.

Barclay will only become a better player by playing with better players. He will only improve and find consistency if he is kept on his toes and shown the way. Whether that is here or somewhere else is in the lap of the gods.

Well said. I thought he was slipping in to one of them performances in the first half where everything he did seemed to be a bad choice. He couldn't do the basics half the time and was giving the ball away frustratingly when he just needed to retain possession for the team.

Second half I think the lack of quality in the team going forward showed and Barkley suffered because of it. He played much better in the second half in my opinion but had absolutely no help from any other attacking player other than Lukaku. Our midfield was filled with grafters and players who like to pass it 5-10 yards and keep possession (some because that's their job - Gana/Davies). We had no flair players to help Barkley when going forward.

Next season if Barkley is still in the team and we bring in other players who can actually attack with purpose then I think Barkley will respond well to that.

Might have to accept the fact that he won't get any better chaps...

Football and Everton's recent history is full of players who've shown year on year promise but levelled out in their early 20's.
Crikey. And likewise there were plenty of 23 year olds who improved in their mid to late 20s. What were Gerard and lampard doing at 23?

I like Barkley and hope he is successful, but to be brutally frank, if we're truly serious about challenging those above us ,we need a better player in his position. He wasn't poor today but he simply wasn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back