Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been average to poor in a few too many games this season. He's a very decent player overall, but he's talented enough to be starting in that Chelsea team, never mind ours, which is why he frustrates many, including myself.

With Davies, Gueye and Schneiderlin coming in and nailing down the midfield 3 positions this season, a big investment in the supporting forward positions this summer (desperately needed) could see him pushed out of the first XI for a lot of next season and you have to say it'd be deserved if he continues playing as inconsistently as he has so far in his career. Next season will be very significant in his career if Moshiri does indeed plan to invest heavily in the transfer market.

Moshiri was at the game and I suspect his wallet was cringing in his pocket at the thought of the £s needed to make us competitive against the top 6 on a regular basis

He just didn't know what to do once he realised that he couldn't dribble past Kante. His whole game is based on riding challenges until space opens up.

Generally speaking, I quite like him in a deeper role, but not against Kante and Matic.

What exactly do people expect him to do against Kante and Matic? He had a bad game,most of the team had a bad game which points to us being set up in a ridiculous manner.

One bad game and he's suddenly a dreadful player...I despair sometimes

He'll win a PL title winners medal in the next few seasons.

He's a massive talent, but he's dispirited and frustrated here.

He's not good enough to mess us around

Agree with this. It's one thing to be messed about by Lukaku, who normally delivers the goods, but Ross has been very inconsistent and should really be grateful we've put a good deal on the table rather than messing us about. Such is modern football, unfortunately.

He'll win a PL title winners medal in the next few seasons.

He's a massive talent, but he's dispirited and frustrated here.
I agree he has talent. Sometimes lack conviction. Still, I personally would like him to stay. But, do you thnk he'd a priority signing for any of those teams above us? Can't see him at Chelsea or RS. Man Utd have a lot of midfielders. Spurs? Would he get in their team? That leaves City and Arsenal. No mention of him with those clubs. He should stay with us if there's an agreeable contract offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back