Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine any deal that sees RB tied down for the next few years going down like a lead balloon with Koeman.

He'll be grinding his teeth at that one.

It'll also mean Lukaku's sale is 100% done in order to provide summer spending cash.

WHERE'S OUR NET SPEND BY OUR BILLIONAIRE WE NEED MORE MONEY IN HURRRRRRRRRRRRR

but also

WHY IS HE NOT INVESTING IT IN YOUTH PROSPECTS INSTEAD OF PLAYERS HURRRRRRRRRRR
I didn't say that.

I want to see Dowell and Kenny given game time and I want real spending on a top class GK and CBs and a couple of quality strikers.

I can imagine any deal that sees RB tied down for the next few years going down like a lead balloon with Koeman.

It'll also mean Lukaku's sale is 100% done in order to provide summer spending cash.

Couple of leaps in logic there, but there's no doubt Koeman has been made to look like an absolute idiot over this, and rightly so.

If we lower the £100M price tag then that would be an indication on how we are doing business this year.

Lukaku going has been 100% way before this I reckon.

But for the obvious same reason you state there.

Couple of leaps in logic there, but there's no doubt Koeman has been made to look like an absolute idiot over this, and rightly so.
He's been the instigator of this slap in the face.

He tried to act like an authoritarian and he cant do that. We dont have money to burn and casting players out with no resale is always going to be avoided when possible.

If we lower the £100M price tag then that would be an indication on how we are doing business this year.
£80M bid from one of the 'designated' clubs they agreed on last summer will see him leave, imo.

Then we'll spend £100M this summer. A £20M net spend.

If I am to give this rumour credence, then nobody involved comes out of it well, neither the player, the manager or the club. I despair of my club at this moment.

As if after all the discussions and ultimatums Koeman was spouting, Ross wouldnt have once said 'I havent actually been offered a contract yet boss'. He spent a couple of hours with him every day. Cant believe that story tbh.

If correct about sell to buy, (which, considering our commercial standing at present isn't a terrible model for a few seasons to build a team, provided we buy smart, not saying it's what I want but I can see the logic in it), then I fail to see how Barkley staying or going would've influenced Lukaku's situation, estimates of 30m vs 80m upwards is a big difference, 30m would get us 1 good player, 80m plus would get us 2 good and a squad player. Regarding Koeman, I do think he doesn't rate Barkley much and I don't think he's wrong completely, the lad lacks consistency and sometimes the simple thought processing of when to pass or keep the ball at times, but I doubt he'll lose any sleep over him staying or going Dave, he knows he's a useful squad player at best and a top player on his day, and if he goes Koeman will have a wad of cash to spend on another player who may be a better option, keep or sell its a win win for Koeman imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back