Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say there's almost no chance that Koeman wouldn't have known what RB was on and what he was being offered....in fact I'd be highly surprised if he wasn't consulted on the new figure.

Let's all get real here: Koeman does NOT want Ross Barkley at the club. Imo HE would have been the source of the low balling and what is likely to have happened is that the board, fearful they'll lose cash in a sale, have upped the offer to keep him here.

I think that ^^^ won't be too far away from the reality of this situation.
Ronald Koeman reckons that the way British managers are allowed to control transfer policy leaves them open to the temptations of corruption.

The Everton boss considers himself to be a coach rather than a manager - and takes a hands-off approach to player recruitment once he has made a recommendation.

But some managers are involved all the way through the transfer process - including holding negotiations with agents.

And, in the aftermath of Sam Allardyce losing the England jobafter falling foul of a newspaper sting, Koeman said: "I have always kept well away from transfer negotiations and money.....

I won't link the article as it's from the daily ****** If you want the link just ask. X

Been out in the Australian bush for the last 4 days with no internet... what's the latest ? He signed? Where's he going?

Hmmm. Do you accept this rumour as fact then.? In my time on this site , I have come to respect and trust your comments on here, so I am intrigued as to your reading of this frankly bizarre development.

We have one of the more successful youth systems in the country, it's well known. I'm just saying build on it even more, look at doing things no club's ever done before...we have a history of it. You can always do more, especially in an area that isn't under the magnifying glass with daily scrutiny and where you can afford to take some perceived risks and make some mistakes without supporters or the media running around with their hair on fire.
That shouldn't preclude a big net spend on players...that's been conspicuously absent since "the billionaire" took control and it's been intimated/promised.

It better arrive this summer.

Hmmm. Do you accept this rumour as fact then.? In my time on this site , I have come to respect and trust your comments on here, so I am intrigued as to your reading of this frankly bizarre development.
If Foxy says something club related he's usually on the ball. I know several of his sources also and have no reason to doubt him (or them) at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back