Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say there's almost no chance that Koeman wouldn't have known what RB was on and what he was being offered....in fact I'd be highly surprised if he wasn't consulted on the new figure.

Let's all get real here: Koeman does NOT want Ross Barkley at the club. Imo HE would have been the source of the low balling and what is likely to have happened is that the board, fearful they'll lose cash in a sale, have upped the offer to keep him here.

I think that ^^^ won't be too far away from the reality of this situation.

If he didnt want him, he would just say, no need to sugar coat.

If he didnt want him, he would just say, no need to sugar coat.

That's not how it works. How could he just place him on the transfer list or let him rot when he's been telling every reporter who he can bend the ear of that he's made a big improvement in Barkley this past season?

Here's the deal: he thought he could act the big bollocks with his ultimatum and the board have sent him on his jollies and sorted a deal with the player and agent.

That's not how it works. How could he just place him on the transfer list or let him rot when he's been telling every reporter who he can bend the ear of that he's made a big improvement in Barkley this past season?

Here's the deal: he thought he could act the big bollocks with his ultimatum and the board have sent him on his jollies and sorted a deal with the player and agent.

Oh Dave, this Board doesnt have the Stones to go behind a superstar like Ronny K.

I'd say there's almost no chance that Koeman wouldn't have known what RB was on and what he was being offered....in fact I'd be highly surprised if he wasn't consulted on the new figure.

Let's all get real here: Koeman does NOT want Ross Barkley at the club. Imo HE would have been the source of the low balling and what is likely to have happened is that the board, fearful they'll lose cash in a sale, have upped the offer to keep him here.

I think that ^^^ won't be too far away from the reality of this situation.

We'll probably never know, it's the ugliest part of football.

Splitting off of this a little, because I don't know where else to put it...I will say transfer fees/wages are completely out of control (duh) and, as a club, we should be wary of it because it's usually a precursor to a massive crash. People love to ride the gravy train and they'll milk it for all it's worth but it always comes to an end. I'd like to see the club doing just as much to side-step that eventuality by investing in top scouts and scouting infrastructure as much as they hopefully do with straight out signings. In the long run, it's a much better investment. I don't give a flying eff what City are doing right now because they've pissed away a lot of money for not much, when all is said and done.

Splitting off of this a little, because I don't know where else to put it...I will say transfer fees/wages are completely out of control (duh) and, as a club, we should be wary of it because it's usually a precursor to a massive crash. People love to ride the gravy train and they'll milk it for all it's worth but it always comes to an end. I'd like to see the club doing just as much to side-step that eventuality by investing in top scouts and scouting infrastructure as much as they hopefully do with straight out signings. In the long run, it's a much better investment. I don't give a flying eff what City are doing right now because they've pissed away a lot of money for not much, when all is said and done.
Everton do that. But you have to have a balance between spending on outsiders and playing home grown. We require top quality that we don't have up front, in goal, and perhaps even at CB.

Maybe Man City's comments on VVD will carry some weight and slow down the gravy train .

Regardless of this fairy story fabricated by a dodgy ITK character, I'm convinced Barkley will be playing his football ' down the smoke ' next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back