Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the flip side they've done exactly what they should've if they're still negotiating and that is...to keep quiet.

Remember the only one talking about the contract was Koeman, no one else.

He could've had his facts wrong. Or even doing what he did in the January transfer window and have digs at the board by putting deadlines on the contract.

The board on the other hand will take as long as they want to.
I'm of the opinion Barkley's team were keeping quiet to give themselves time to explore other options. It was the press who started speaking of the contract negotiations not Koeman, incidentally.
Probably the only thing that may have changed if anything is that Barkley's people have realised the grass may not be greener on the other side as they hoped and they are trying to muddy the waters a little in preparation for a climb down.

The truth is more mundane I suspect. Koeman and the club were low balling him and now (if the news of a contract to be signed imminently is true) they offered him what was deemed acceptable.
Or he got offered what was suggested, preferred to wait for a barrage of bids, got none and signed up before hot-footing it to Ibiza.
Both scenarios equally plausible.

I don't think he's signed anything and probably won't. My guess is Koeman is not fussed if he leaves, Ross is probably looking to move on but Kenwright - being the old romantic he is - doesn't want to lose an Evertonian and is doing all he can to keep him.

So let me get this straight -

1. Ross wasn't offered a new contract until a few days ago
2. Going by Koeman's comments last week of the season - he firmly believed that a contract had been offered to Ross months ago

Something odd going on here - smells like the dynamic duo have been up to their usual circus antics again

The truth is more mundane I suspect. Koeman and the club were low balling him and now (if the news of a contract to be signed imminently is true) they offered him what was deemed acceptable.

From what I see in pre-match interviews, I'm not sure Koeman has any idea of the wages that were offered...I get the feeling he just says yes or no, as far as keeping a player on, and leaves the rest up to Beavis and Butthead. I'm hesitant to implicate him just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back